Author Topic: Kroozbox - PVD to media theatre solution  (Read 150582 times)

Offline Kotzlowski

• View Profile
Re: Kroozbox - PVD to media theatre solution
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2009, 09:48:06 am »
Works fine, thank you very much.

I have still one last problem  ::)

In listing view the german characters ÄäÖöÜüß below the covers do not display correctly.
On mouseover at the bottom of the screen and in detail view it is displayed properly but it's not so very tragic  8)

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2009, 05:00:36 pm »
Damn... I should increase the size of my QA department.
This is improtant for me too - french language speaking - but I don't use the listing mode anymore.

In GlobalParam.properties you can change:
PVD_TitleFieldListing=::maxchar(20)::origtitle (or "PVD_TitleFieldListing=::maxchar(20)::title" if you use the title instead)
to
PVD_TitleFieldListing=::htmlencode::maxchar(20)::origtitle

Adding the ::htmlencode:: statement. That will do the trick.

Offline mag09

• View Profile
Cant play VIDEO_TS (IFO) nor ISO files with PVD + Krooxbox
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2009, 08:56:33 pm »
Hello
I have installed this wonderful PVD app (0.9.9.11) in combination with KroozBox 2.0 , to be able to stream files from my Vista Machine to my NMT (Egreat M34a, same chipset as PopCornHour A-110).
I am able to see the Kroozbox interface and play the majority of my files from my TV-NMT (avi, mkv, mp3, etc) but I was not able to see my DVD collections stores either as a DVD Structured file (VIDEO_TS + AUDIO_TS) or ISO image.
I have followed all the instructions I saw in this forum plus the documentation provided by Kroozbox, and I am able to see my NetworkShare and all my video collection (organized with PVD) from Krooxbox and from the NMT (same with music, I can see all).

I worked in the kroozbox.properties (HDTemplate) modifiying :
dbName = C:/Users/marcelo/Documents/Personal Video Database/MOVIES.PVD   (so I can see my PVD database)
dbaseMediaRoot = J:/Digital Library/Videoteca 2/  (This is the drive where I have my movie collection, using subfolders per genre/movie)
localMediaRoot = J:/Digital Library/Videoteca 2/

I have also modified the globalParam.properties :
MyShare=Digital Library (this is the name of the share as seen by the NMT)

Any ideas of what am I doing wrong?
THANKS!

But when I hit "Play" nothing happens (from the NMT) and after a while It returns to the same screen

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2009, 10:25:56 pm »
Maybe this:

There is no automatic mounting of a share on the NMT (grrr). So, you have to activate the share in the NMT box before Kroozbox can access it. Doing this is simple; just open your share once from the top menu of the NMT. Come back to the top menu and open Kroozbox - go to movie and play.

If that doesn't work, it means the share link build by Kroozbox is not proper. Tell us what the complete link is. You can get it by using your browser to connect to Kroobox on port 9008  (http://<ip address of Kroozbox>:9008). And go to your movie where the ISO file is located (or the Video structure) and get the link from the browser status bar (on bottom) when you put the cursor over the link.

Offline mag09

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2009, 05:35:13 pm »
Nono, thanks a lot
After mounting the share first in the NMT (like browsing a file or something like that) and then using the movies in the PVD pointing to a "/VIDEO_TS/" forlder or just the "/I am a legend/" folder (root of VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) it worked fine
Again, many thanks for your time , support and these great applications!
mag09

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2009, 06:06:45 pm »
Good... and I think the trailing "/" is necessary when you enter the folder in PVD.

Offline Kotzlowski

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2009, 10:26:31 pm »
Hi again,

with the change of pvd version to 0.9.9.14 or maybe an Java Update ??? i now have problems with the presentation of the posters. The size of newly added posters will not change.
Kroozbox says:

*** WARNING-Image2: Could not resize image. Using original (type/error): jpg/java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.awt.color.ICC_Profile.intFromBigEndian(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.color.ICC_Profile.getNumComponents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.ColorConvertOp.filter(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.acceptPixels(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader.readImage(NativeMethod)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)
at org.gdgsystems.kroozbox.kroozboxservice.ImageContent.getResizedContent(IamgeConten.java:118)
at org.gdgsystems.kroozbox.kroozboxservice.SQLService.processImage(SQLservice.java:535)
at org.gdgsystems.kroozbox.Kroozboxservice.SQLService.httpRequestRecieved(SQLService.java:765)
at org.cybergarage.http.HTTPServer.performRequestListener(HTTPServer.java:166)
at org.cybergarage.http.HTTPSServerThread.run(HTTPServerThread.java:47)

My Environment:
- Kroozbox Version kroozbox2_0a_zip_68101
- SD Version for Movies on a 70 cm tube TV
- Windows XP 32 SP 3 fully patched
- Personal Video Database 0.9.9.14
- Popcorn Hour A-110
- Sun Java SE 6 Build 1.6.0_15-b03

Is this only in my case?

Thanks
Kotzlowski

Screenshot

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2009, 03:05:22 pm »
I am pretty sure that is has to do with this specific image only (some encoding that kroozbox doesn't recognize). Try a different one and let me know (you may have to restart Kroozbox if the image cache is 'on' - not sure anymore).

Originaly the template would not allow those big images by asking the browser (or the NMT) to force-resize the image - I removed those browser side instructions to have a faster rendering (NMT can be quite slow on some stuff). Maybe I should have left it there - as a fall back in case Kroozbox failes the resize... oh well.

N

Offline Kotzlowski

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2009, 09:03:56 pm »
You're right.

I changed the pictures and they were reduced as before.
My mistake, sorry. :o

Thanks a lot!

Kotzlowski

Offline dee2000

• View Profile
Force browser client to refresh
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2010, 10:55:54 pm »
Hi,
I used Kroozbox along with my PS3 and has been working great. However, when I add or delete movie, PS3 is not detecting until I manually refresh. Is there a switch or paramer to force client browser to fresh every time?  Thank you in advance.

Offline mats

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2010, 10:43:57 pm »
Great application. I used to use Oversight, but Kroozbox is better. But I would like to have the simple skin where I just see the names of the movies, not the images. Is that possible?

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2010, 02:52:04 pm »
Well.. yes it is possible. You can edit the html files located under the "html" folder of your template. Check the template documentation in the "documentation" folder. Always make backup of the original before making modifications (no need to restart Kroozbox when making HTML changes). Now, I understand that this might be overwelming if you don't know html. Maybe you can be more specific on what you need in terms of template. Any examples out there I can look at?

Nono.

Offline mats

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2010, 08:36:53 pm »
Something in the style of Oversight with just parallell columns with names of movies, no images at all. When clicking on a movie name you get to a detailed screen like the one on the default skin.

Offline Paul T

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2010, 06:43:42 pm »
Hi All,
  using Kroozebox with PVD and my Popcornhour. Always worked perfectly until today. I think I was prompted to update JAVA (this may or maynot be relevant )  and now no pictures are display in the Kroozebox menus. Tried running from PC that hosts the files http://192.168.0.20:9008/
but all I get is the normal listing minus Cover pictures. The web page just displays a white background with a red X were the DVD cover picture is usually shown.
Did modify the template to display 4 lines of films instead of the normal 3 but this has worked with no problems in the past.

All latest plugins loaded and running version 0.9.9.21 of PVD

Tried stopping and restarting the service but still the same

Any Ideas  ???

Offline Paul T

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2010, 06:55:28 pm »
Started to wonder if it is the Skin I am using rather that Kroozebox. Will investigate a little further !!

Offline Paul T

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2010, 07:08:17 pm »
Hi All again. I think the skin is the one that came with Kroozebox. Any ideas regarding the display ?

Offline Paul T

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2010, 07:16:52 pm »
Sorry all, problem solved. Restarted PC.

All now ok  :)

Offline pupgus

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2010, 12:42:15 pm »
let me start by saying great work on this...its soooo what id like to use. however, im a pretty green newbie and at a bit of a loss on some of what is explained in the thread. so ill tell everyone what im workin with and let ya'll tell me what i need to do to make this work for me....in newbie terms would be much appreciated...im big believer in K.I.S.S.=Keep It Simple Stupid.

os- win7 ult x86
2tb of media in pc
ps3

that might show just how green i am if im a missing an important piece like the popcorn media box lol. it just occured to me, if theres a link to a guide that tells me what im asking for in the terms im asking for...let me know that too. thanks

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2010, 02:33:33 pm »
Hi,

I like to believe that Kroozbox is easy to install even if there is no user interface for the installation. Most of the posts on this thread relates to specific problems or adjustments that users would like to have. You don't need to understand all of the posts.
You should at least open the readme.txt file inside the package. Windows have what it takes to extract all the files from the zipped package.
Extract:
* Make sure that Java runtime 1.5 or more is installed. Run "Java -version" from the cmd prompt to ensure its availability.
  (Java can be downloaded from http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp)
* Unzip the content of Kroozbox package to the forlder of your choice.
* Start the software by running the "STARTME.bat" file.
* Turn on your Media Tank and TV and select the service you want (standard or high definition service)

When this is working (with the sample provided), point Kroozbox to your PVD file and restart it.
You do that by opening  ./template/PVDTemplate-HD/Kroozbox.properties
Change the value of the "dbName" property to point to your PVD file.

Hope that helps,
Nono

Offline pupgus

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2010, 09:08:15 am »
thanks for the quick reply nono, however after a lil more researching..
i get the idea that im missing a key hardware component...the media tank lol. (unless the ps3 serves as that role???) but i checked my java and im good there. run the startme.bat and a "dos" looking screen appears (again im pretty green here lol) turn on ps3 and tv and...no luck. not even sure how to get to kroozbox properties or even how to "point" in its direction. i can only assume that these steps are made possible with a "media tank"??
i thought that this would allow me to find my movies for streaming, thru my ps3, using the pvd listing and template appearance, and then choose the movie and have it stream to my tv thru my ps3. wishful thinking on my part perhaps, just not wanting to buy another media componet when i have a ps3.
if im waaayy off of how this intended to work thanks for your help any ways, if not then appearently i need waaayyy simpler, and more specific tutorial.  either way thanks :-[

anything