English > Talk

All-time Favourite Flick

(1/8) > >>

korbenPL:
To start things off tell us your all-time most beloved film :)

doust:
Trouble is most of the best and favourite films that I own are mostly French or European.

Taking it that you are not interested in foreign films, then my favourite mainstream films would go thus;

1. Leon
2. Departed
3. Bourne Series
4. Life Of Brian/Holy Grail
5. Martin Chuzzlewitt
6. Blues Brothers
7. David Copperfield
8. The Dark Knight
9. Fight Club
10. Hot Fuzz

rick.ca:

--- Quote ---Taking it that you are not interested in foreign films
--- End quote ---

I'm sure it's more a matter of the poll feature not really being suited to this sort of thing.

Please post a list of your French favourites. That would be very helpful to those of us who like good "foreign" films, but don't know enough about them to easily seek them out.

Maybe that's what we can use Movie Talk—for users to post polls for "Top Ten [my language]/[my country]/[my favourite genre] Movies".

Léon gets a rare 8.5 from me. According to my database, I saw it for the third time on April 25, 2008. ;)

P.S. I'm being "forced" to see Four Christmases today. Yes, I spend most of my spare time working on my movie database, and with the little time I have left, I go see a 5.8! :-[ Maybe the experience will help me do a Top Ten Holiday Movies to Avoid list. I'm not the first to think of that, of course: Top 10 Holiday Films to Avoid Like the Plague.

shemp:
Labyrinth

nostra:

--- Quote ---Maybe that's what we can use Movie Talk—for users to post polls for "Top Ten [my language]/[my country]/[my favourite genre] Movies".
--- End quote ---

The problem is (for me) to define my language (as I watch movies in 3 languages) and my country (as the country I live <> country I was born). According to PVD statistics my favorite genre is Drama.

I'll just post 20 high rated movies from my database without any prioritization:

Diables, Les
Inland Empire
Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom
Choristes, Les
Cidade de Deus
Dancer in the Dark
Dogville
Dolls
Fight Club
House of Sand and Fog
K-PAX
Kikujirô no natsu