English > Support

David Carradine

<< < (3/3)

nostra:
From one of your bug reports I see you have only 512 MB RAM. Drawing big information cards or even gathering all this information needs enough memory to hold the whole stuff, so maybe you just have not enough RAM to accomplish one of these tasks.
Could you try to unload all running applications and check if the information card would draw OK? It could also help to reduce the screen resolution.

rick.ca:
Or is it video memory that makes the different? I'm using a 64 Mb card.

Monitoring RAM in Process Explorer, I can see no evidence that's the problem. It's only using about 60 Mb, and apparently will not use more even when there's plenty available (and there's still virtual memory available when other things are running). Besides, the behaviour starts/stops abruptly depending on the number of items in a category—regardless of the person or what else is on the card, there's consistently a problem when there's 221 items and not when the number is reduced to 219.

Reducing the screen resolution doesn't make any difference.

nostra:
64 Mb Video Memory should actually be more than enough, but who knows  :-\ Fact is: it does not happen on my 3 PCs and no one else have reported the issue before.

I'll let you know if I have another theory.

rick.ca:
If it's not affecting everyone, there's no need to worry about it. The number of users with a PC as old as mine is probably less the number of actors with more than 220 credits. If anyone else can replicate it, we'll give them the David Carradine Memorial Award. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version