English > Support

Importing failure

<< < (2/2)

rick.ca:
I think you've discovered another problem with the behaviour of the program when a new movie is being added this way. When you first click on "+", a blank entry is added to the top of the list. If you enter a title and apply changes, this should change to the title. Sometimes, howver, it does not. I'm not sure why, but maybe because filters are set so the new entry is hidden. Unfortunately, the blank entry remains at the top of the list and the new title remains in the pane on the right, creating the impression it is properly selected. In fact, the null record is still the active one, and the plugin search finds nothing.

It seems this troublesome behaviour can be avoided by Resetting filters before selecting New.

Hopefully nostra will fix this in the next update. However that is done, plugins should also detect the error of attempting to update a null record.

Thanks for your test results. ;)

nostra:
Funny, but I can't reproduce this behavior :(
Which filters should be selected?

rick.ca:
It seems to happen consistently if the Movies on hard drive and Series filters are selected. It doesn't happen if just one of those filters is selected. I haven't tested beyond that.

nostra:

--- Quote from: rick.ca on August 05, 2009, 12:27:02 am ---It seems to happen consistently if the Movies on hard drive and Series filters are selected. It doesn't happen if just one of those filters is selected. I haven't tested beyond that.

--- End quote ---

No, still no luck reproducing the problem :(

rick.ca:
Let's see if we've narrowed the problem properly...

I'm pretty sure the import fails because the search is for "nothing." So the problem is not with the plugin, but the fact the focus can somehow be "nothing" after Applying changes.

I now know I have created the error condition if after Applying changes, the new list item (at the top of the list) remains blank. Normally, it would update to the title. The condition is confirmed by resetting filters, then searching for and not finding the record just "added."

As I mentioned before, I can create this condition by setting the Movies on hard drive and Series filters. I don't know how I did it, but one time I was able to add the new item. I'm unable to reproduce that (short of putting it in edit mode and applying changes again)—so the problem behaviour is fairly consistent. But this may explain why you can't reproduce it.

It's probably necessary the test movie does not already exist as an invisible movie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version