English > Support

Database won't open without firefird

(1/3) > >>

deazo:

Hi all,

I have tried using the pvdimport plugin with media center 14 recently. This required the installation of firebird and I had to use the "connect to server" fonction in PVD.
 Now that I've finished testing and decided not to use this plugin I wanted to remove firebird so I uninstalled it from my computer.
 And PVD gives me an error everytime I want to open my database (unsupported on-disk structure...error code 59)
 I'm thinking of re-installing firebird but I don't want to have to have firebird services running in order to use PVD, especially when transferring the database to be used on another computer that does not have firebird.
 I know there must be a simple option somewhere in pvd but can't find it:
How do I tell PVD not to try to connect to a server anymore?
Thanks for your help, my database is unusable right now  :'(

rick.ca:
On the File menu, just use the Open (rather than Connect) command to open your database. If the error condition is preventing access to the File menu, close the program and edit your configuration file to remove the reference to the server connection. Then restart the program and use File - Open.

deazo:

I went to the config file because database would not open with the "open" command, I removed what I thought might be the right stuf to delete (correct me if I'm wrong) so that it looked like this:

[DataBase]
FileName=
Mode=0
RecentFiles=
Network=0
RecentTypes=

I still get the error when opening my database.
The only way to open it is to connect to it through "connect to server" which I don't want to do because I just do not have any use for it.
Don't know what to try next. ???

rick.ca:
I can't imagine the problem being with the database itself, so...

1. Delete any configuration file in the program directory and run the program with the -portable switch. This will force it to use the default configuration (which it will save in the program directory).

2. If that doesn't work, reinstall the program and run with the -portable switch.

If you still have the problem, then maybe it does have something to do with the database.

deazo:

It's driving me crazy, I have uninstalled PVD, (deleted settings) then re-downloaded it, re-installed it, and started the portable.bat.
 I then used the Open to point it to my database, and it still gives me the error.

If I use "connect to server" and point to it, it's opening fine...

What are we missing here? I would like to save it "as" but the option is greyed out.
 I have copied it somewhere else, renamed it, and tried opening it and I got the same error message.

By the way there are two successive error messages: "1:unsupported on-disk structure for file..... found 11.1, sipport 11.0 wrong or obsolete version. Error code 59

AND after I click OK

unsupported on-disk structure for file... found 11.1, support 11.0
Wrong or obsolete version
Error codeL 59

I have been using version 14 for a while now., amd never had any problem with the update to it.

Any idea?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version