English > Feature Suggestions

New version? [1.0.0 to be released in 2011]

<< < (4/7) > >>

rick.ca:

--- Quote from: nostra on September 10, 2010, 06:13:59 pm ---I hope to provide a "Technology Preview" version in 2-3 months.
--- End quote ---

This doesn't give us much time to assemble the crack team of beta testers that will be needed. :o

A new Help board (a help/wiki/forum-like thing) will be unveiled very soon. That will provide a place for interested users to practise their beta testing skills. With that in place, the beta team will be able to update the documentation as the beta is being tested and refined.

Thoroughly testing is a prerequisite for effectively documenting how the software works. So those contributing to the beta testing effort will also be best qualified to create and update the documentation. We hope this approach will make things easier for them to do so.

nostra:

--- Quote ---This doesn't give us much time to assemble the crack team of beta testers that will be needed. Shocked
--- End quote ---

I will release a version for testing as soon as there is smth to work productively there. 2-3 months is an approximation and not some kind of definite deadline. I just do not want to prepare special versions with some stuff commented and such as still in development for beta testing...

rick.ca:

--- Quote ---2-3 months is an approximation and not some kind of definite deadline.
--- End quote ---

I understand. That's why I added the "to be released in 2011." Now you have 3.5 to 15.5 months. I'm sure we can handle it if you're a bit early. ;D

BTW, since we're being so patient and generous, I think the user group will want to invoke that clause in your contract that says we get to add another feature for each month in 2011 that passes—until final release. ;)

nostra:

--- Quote ---I think the user group will want to invoke that clause in your contract that says we get to add another feature for each month in 2011 that passes—until final release.
--- End quote ---

We could do this, yes, but then I would need to move the current TODO list (which is enough for a decade  :o) to 2012  :D

korbenPL:
Do we have a tentative date? the month?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version