English > Scripts and Templates

AdultDVDEmpire script

(1/15) > >>

oenghus:
It looks like they have changed the whole search method as it returns the URL http://www.adultdvdempire.com/DVD/Search and no results.

AimHere:
Yes, it's true... the layout and HTML code of the search-results pages have completely changed, as have the actual movie pages. This has completely broken the adultdvdempire script.  :(

I've been kind of maintaining the adultdvdempire script for a couple of years, but I've only had to make minor tweaks as the site layout changed. I'm no programmer, and a site revision of this magnitude is simply beyond my capabilities. I just don't have the time or skills to deal with it, unfortunately.

I really, really wish I knew WHO had written the ORIGINAL adultdvdempire script. Whomever it was would be better equipped to deal with this change. Anyone know???

Barring that, any aspiring script-writers out there who want to pick up the ball and run with it?

Aimhere

joc:
Modified to work with the new layout (not testet much)

[attachment deleted by admin]

AimHere:
Hey, thanks, joc!

Checking it out now... works mostly, though it seems to mix up the actors and directors a little. It selects the last actor listed under "Cast" as the director if no director is specifically listed. And even where a director(s) ARE given, it still selects the last (non-director) cast member as a director anyway. In both cases, the erroneous "director" isn't properly added to the "Actors" field in PVD.

But it's a definite improvement over the non-working old script. (Beats entering EVERYthing manually.) ;D

Aimhere

joc:

--- Quote from: AimHere on June 20, 2012, 06:01:15 am ---[...] It selects the last actor listed under "Cast" as the director if no director is specifically listed. And even where a director(s) ARE given, it still selects the last (non-director) cast member as a director anyway. In both cases, the erroneous "director" isn't properly added to the "Actors" field in PVD.
[...]

Aimhere

--- End quote ---

Yes, the actors and directors is a problem. I thougt that i had managed to get it right, i will try to fix it ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version