English > Talk

Alternative

<< < (15/15)

VVV_Easy_Programing:
Function DownloadImage(URL)  return 1 if it can get a file from the url and 0 if not exist this file.
With this funtionality the script can try severals resolutions from the no resized URL.
For instance: try  '._V1_UY2048_.jpg'
      if not exists try with '._V1_UY1800_.jpg'
      else with ' '._V1_UY1200_.jpg'
      else with original no resized URL.

In the end, the objetif is not download a big poster ... and 1200 points of heigth is a good size.

VVV_Easy_Programing:
I do as I have said in the last post (see line 501 in the attached script) with a user parameter MAX_IMAGE_HEIGTH = 1200;
Tell me if this script works OK with Alexander Jamieson movie in your Win 7 installation (that uses curl).
If it works OK I will do the same in the IMDB People script and we can thought to apply in the SearchList.

By the way, I have notice that IMDB reduces the download speed if you do a lot of ask or if the page is not popular: Tehn the script ask to the user Retry. If you have a lot of this problems we can increase the INTERNET_TEST_ITERATIONS   = 5; before to ask the user.

Ivek23:

--- Quote from: VVV_Easy_Programing on June 11, 2018, 08:52:34 pm ---I do as I have said in the last post (see line 501 in the attached script) with a user parameter MAX_IMAGE_HEIGTH = 1200;
Tell me if this script works OK with Alexander Jamieson movie in your Win 7 installation (that uses curl).
If it works OK I will do the same in the IMDB People script and we can thought to apply in the SearchList.
--- End quote ---

It works perfectly, this can be done as mentioned.

--- Quote from: VVV_Easy_Programing on June 11, 2018, 08:52:34 pm ---By the way, I have notice that IMDB reduces the download speed if you do a lot of ask or if the page is not popular: Tehn the script ask to the user Retry. If you have a lot of this problems we can increase the INTERNET_TEST_ITERATIONS   = 5; before to ask the user.
--- End quote ---

It can be repaired more than it is now, and more on this problem, when these problems start to occur frequently.

VVV_Easy_Programing:
The Beta 3 Release Candidate version with (EN, ES, FR in TheMovieDB) and (ES, EN in FilmAffinity) (you can hide/activate in Script Configuration).

http://vvveasy.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/PersonalVideoDB_MOD-V.Beta_.3.RC_.zip

Beta Testers: Run NOW with "debug.bat". So if you have problems, please is very important the name of the movie and attach the file: PersonalVideoDB\log.txt   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dirty" own PVD installation/collection adaptation for normal users:
Important: Make a secure copy and a test copy of your own actual PDV installation.
Unzip the beta versión and change the folders: Scripts and Plugings of your test copy.
Run PVD in portable mode (portable.bat) without internet proxi.
In Preferences/Movies/Custom Ítems add the fields:
Set (Short Text), TOP_250 (Number), IMDB_Votes (Number), TheMoviedb_Votes (Number), FilmAffinity_Votes (Number)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corrected:
1) Now all the IMDB images are downloaded by PVdBDownPage.exe so no more problems with HTTPS (but is slower because the need of file).
2) The poster and photo heigth are script paremeter in 1200.
3) The images for SearchList are downloaded in heigth 200.
4) The INTERNET_TEST_ITERATIONS   is now a script user parameter.
5) I belive that IMDB slow the download if detects several ask. I recomended use TheMovieDB first time in order to get the IMDB URL of movies and in people.

VVV_Easy_Programing:
Happily, we have finished the "Beta" phase in the PVD MOD and move on to "Release" state.
So, we closed this topic now and we continue in the new topic:

Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4134.0.html

See you all there.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version