Author Topic: Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD  (Read 919 times)

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 07:08:04 am »
Really this is a correction of a first version error. The Script Manual says:

procedure AddAward(Event, Award, Category, Recipient, Year : String; const Won : Boolean);
    Adds an award to a record. Parameters:
    Event = name of the event
    Award = award name
    Category = award category
    Recipient = for movie records this variable should contain the name of a specific person who won the award and
                     for people records the variable should contain the title of a movie for which the person won the award
    Year = release year of a movie (only applicable when adding award to a person record)
    Won = set to true if the recipient won the award and to false otherwise

This needs to be read on several occasions, but it is not yet certain that it will be clarified correctly as it was in your case.

procedure AddAward(Event, Award, Category, Recipient, Year : String; const Won : Boolean);
    Adds an award to a record. Parameters:
    Recipient = for movie records this variable should contain the name of a specific person who won the award and
                     for people records the variable should contain the title of a movie for which the person won the award
    Year = release year of a movie (only applicable when adding award to a person record)

He also writes that movie awards have a year of prize and the name of the actor he has received.

He also writes for people awards, where the actor won the prize for a movie without recording for release year.

In the first version the movie script added the "EventYear" (normally is the next year of the movie). But now we can add awards with the people script and then the year must be the movie year so we could have the same award with different years. So, in order to respect the Script Manual, the movie scripts doesn't write the year and is the people scripts who writes the year.

In the first version, the movie script was all prailono for aswards as it should be.

BTW, I have hesitated to write the year of the movie instead of leaving it blank but I do not know the consistency of the data. What do you think?

The correct thing is that movie awards code is the same as it was in the first version of the movie script.

It is right for people awards to record movie names not to include a record for release year. I know from my own experience in testing my people awards script, where my record looks like this [Casablanca (1942)]. The correct record is only Casablanca.

In the first version the movie script added the "EventYear" (normally is the next year of the movie).

This is not always true. A good example is Casablanca (1942) and the Academy Awards, USA , where awards were only awarded in 1944.
Ivek23
Win 7 32bit, 64bit   PVD v0.9.9.21

Offline VVV_Easy_Programing

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 10:55:59 am »
Well, I don't understand all of your arguments but I "buy" : Return to the first solution for the movie
AddAward(EventName, AwardName, AwardCategory, AwardRecipient, EventYear, AwardWon);

and the same use EventYear for the People script in order to warrant the same data (I have done the test with Casablanca and Michael Curtiz).

Ivek, thank you very much for your explanation (I attach the scripts and the screenshots).

BTW, I want to publish a new release the next Wednesday, 8/8/2018 (nice date, isn't it?) with those scripts, proxy support and other bugs corrected.

Dear users, please, tell me all you bug discovers in order to correct it fast for this next version (and the 9/8/2018 we'll can go in holidays  ;D )

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 06:54:56 am »
IMDB_People_[EN][HTTPS]

Now that awards have been added, IMDB_People_ [EN] [HTTPS] script does not download (adds to the database) more photos of the players. It was not previously (it was a download) until the award code was added to the script. Obviously, I tested a script with a award code (photos did not add in the database) and script, when I removed the award code (photos added to the database), that the award code prevents the addition of photos to the database.
Ivek23
Win 7 32bit, 64bit   PVD v0.9.9.21

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 08:18:10 am »
Is the famous problem with downloading images in the people PVD part. I have forgotten to keep the rondabout result througth the awards part. It will be solved easily.

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 10:31:31 am »
Changelog:
  • MOD V.2018.08.08; VVV, Ivek23: Proxy support (if configured in PVD).
                                           IMDB Movie now retrieve Movie Technical Specs page (Ivek23) and use EventYear in awards.
                                           IMDB People now retrieve full biography page (Ivek23), use EventYear in awards and image bug with full awards solved.
                                           FilmAffinity change the ~poster~ begin string because API change.
Last version always in the first post

Offline jondak

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 09:53:29 am »

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 05:35:30 pm »
I think that what is the problem: can you edit the PVdBScriptConfig.ini with notepad and change GET_FUL_FEATURES by GET_FULL_FEATURES with two L and try again ?
Thank you for your help.

Offline jondak

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 08:06:03 am »
Yes, with that modification it worked.

Thank you.

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 07:54:48 pm »
 :) The problem of the hurry. It will be corrected in the next version. Thank you.