Author Topic: PK's MovieDB dynamic website template  (Read 120569 times)

Offline blue334

• User
    • View Profile
Re: PK's MovieDB dynamic website template
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 11:54:29 am »
My first thought would be that the database table is not empty, thus giving a duplicate error. But if you're sure it contains no data could you post a couple of lines from the sql file? Maybe I can spot something wrong.

You could also try to run just a couple of lines from the sql file, to narrow down the problem.

Check out PKs MovieDB dynamic web template - exported from PVD: My site

Offline ruffa

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 05:12:14 pm »
I removed the database, created a fresh one and i get the same error, here it is below:

Error
SQL query:

INSERT INTO movies( NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME )
VALUES (

'0', '', '', '', '', '2008-05-29', '', '0', '', '150 YEARS OF INDIANS IN JAMAICA', '', '', '', 'JA', '', '0', '0', '', '', 'A discussion and re-enactment of the coming of the East Indians to Jamaica.', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '', ''
);

MySQL said: 

#1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

It couldn;t be refering to a duplicate film entry could it?? as i may have some duplicate titles in there.

Here is a sample of a few lines from the SQL file i exported from PVD:

INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('0', '', '', '', '', '2008-08-06', '', '7.4', 'Amandla! A Revolution in Four Part Harmony', 'Amandla', '', 'Lee Hirsch', 'Johnathan Dorfman, Temple Fennell, Lee Hirsch, Desireé Markgraaff, Sherry Simpson', 'South Africa, USA', 'Documentary, Music, History', '2002', '108', 'Walter Cronkite, F.W. de Klerk, Abdullah Ibrahim, Jesse Jackson, Duma Ka Ndlovu, Ronnie Kasrils, Sibongile Khumalo, Vusi Mahlasela, Miriam Makeba, Nelson Mandela, Winnie Mandela, Hugh Masekela, Sophie Mgcina, Thandi Modise, Sifiso Ntuli, Sibusiso Nxumalo, Dolly Rathebe, Hendrik Frensch Verwoerd, Lindiwe Zulu', 'http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303297/', 'Through a chronological history of the South African liberation struggle, this documentary cites examples of the way that music was used in the fight for freedom. Songs united those who were being oppressed and gave those fighting a way to express their plight. The music consoled those incarcerated, and created an effective underground form of communication inside the prisons.', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '', '', '0', '0', '2008-07-19', 'image83.jpg');
INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('0', '', '', '', '', '2008-08-06', '', '0', '', 'Amandla - Wake Up and Live (Bob Marley)', '', '', '', 'USA', '', '0', '0', '', '', '', 'Havard Stadium, boston, 21st July 1979', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '', '', '0', '0', '2008-07-19', 'image84.jpg');
INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('0', '', '', '', '', '2008-09-05', '', '0', '', 'Amazing World - Jamaica', '', '', '', '', '', '2001', '0', '', '', 'series, one ja episode', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '', '', '0', '0', '', '');
INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('0', '', '', '', '', '2008-08-12', '', '0', '', 'Amish in the City - Reggae, Never Heard of the Dude', '', '', '', '', '', '2005', '60', '', 'http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=Amish%20in%20the%20City%20-%20Reggae,%20Never%20Heard%20of%20the%20Dude', 'Reality series following young Amish people as they get their first experience of the outside world. The Amish kids grapple with LA''s public transport system, attend a music concert and indulge themselves at the races. ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '', '', '0', '0', '', '');
INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('0', '', '', '', '', '2008-05-29', '', '0', '', 'An Evening With Harry Belafonte', '', '', '', '', '', '2003', '57', '', '', 'Taped in Chicago in front of a live audience, Harry Belafonte was interviewed by his friend Danny Glover. The viewer will travel back in time to Mr. Belafonte''s early childhood: New York to Jamaica and back to New York, wherein he  experienced racism that was life altering. His frustrations propelled him to Humanitarian causes: marching with Martin Luther King, the Free South Africa movement, and We Are The World recording session and UNICEF to name a few.', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '', '');
INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('0', '', '', '', '', '2008-05-29', '', '0', '', 'Anansi', '', '', 'Fritz Baumann', '', '', '2002', '80', '', '', 'German director Fritz Baumann''s 2002 immigrant drama follows the paths of four Ghanaians as they begin a journey to Germany in the hopes of reaping the benefits of a capitalist society -- the likes of which are simply not to be found in their homeland. Things go from bad to worse for the four companions as they begin their trip by stowing away on a freighter, only to be caught by the crew a short time later. They are sent out to sea in a small raft and eventually beach on a remote coast that leads to the Sahara. After spending a number of days wandering about, they encounter a caravan that leads them to the Moroccan port of Tangiers. After a number of devastating challenges, the group finally reaches its destination -- but not without some substantial losses along the way.', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '', '');
INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('0', '', '', '', '', '2008-05-29', '', '0', '', 'Anansi Fantasia', '', '', 'Shirley Thompson', 'UK', '', '1993', '7', '', '', 'One of a series of short productions made by young black film- and video-makers, a dramatisation of a Caribbean folk tale in which trickster Anansi tries to find out a young woman’s secret name, the narration is by Jamaican-born community activist, Connie Mark (1923-2007).     Cast: Storyteller, Connie Mark, Anansi, Leon Hazlewood, Dora, Dollie Henry, King, Hi Ching , Missirolinkia, Lorraine Le-Blanc. Crew: Director of Photography Jeff Baynes, Gaffer Jim Lennon, Camera Assistant Tiffany Walker, Grip Martin McCullough, Sound Recordist Kim Joseph, Art Director Andrea Montag, Make-up Artist Michele Baylis, Stills Photographer Armet Francis, Catering H. E.Thompson, Production Manager Dominic DeVine, Production Supervisor Juliet McKoen, Off-Line Editor Peter Harvey, On-Line Editor Julian Bryant, Telecine Operator Dave Ludlam, Music Shirley Thompson, Music & Effects Recording Henry Thomas, Executive Producers Paul Corley, Rodney Wilson, Special Thanks to Anita Bell, Jason Glenister, Carol Jacobs, Michael Ho, Glen Laker, Bill Pretty, Richard Thompson, Greenwich Council, The Mill, SVC TV, Tattooist International Ltd., Theatre Royal, Stratford East. Produced and Directed by Shirley Thompson. For the Arts Council of Great Britain and Carlton Television. © Arts Council of Great Britain & Prime Productions 1993.', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '', '');
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:13:47 pm by ruffa »

Offline blue334

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2008, 06:51:59 pm »
The problem is your database entries aren't numbered. The ID number (the first value) is assigned as the "primary key" in the database, which probably means it has to be unique. I wasn't even aware that PVD would allow duplicate IDs.
Fortunately the internal PVD database has an internal ID you can use as a replacement value. Make the change shown with red to the sql.ptm file before exporting, this should assign the internal ID number instead:

%OPTIONS%
filter="SQL Files|*.sql"
encoding="UTF8"
replace=";<->,"
replace="'<->''"
replace=""<->"
replace="#13#10<-> "
replace="#13<-> "
replace="#10<-> "
imagepath="images\"
%OPTIONS%INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('{%value=0}', '', '{%value=47}', '', '', '{%value=17}', '', '{%value=9}', '{%value=3}', '{%value=2}', '', '{%value=53}', '{%value=56}', '{%value=45}', '{%value=44}', '{%value=5}', '{%value=19}', '{%value=52}', '{%value=8}', '{%value=15}', '{%value=16}', '{%value=23}', '{%value=24}', '{%value=43}', '{%value=25}', '{%value=21}', '{%value=22}', '{%value=48}', '{%value=49}', '{%value=26}', '{%value=29}', '{%value=33}', '{%value=63}');

I suspect the date values formatted like "21st July 1979" will end up as "0000-00-00" in the mysql database. It should be possible to fix this using regular expressions, let me know if it becomes a problem.

EDIT: forget the last part, seems the alternative date formatting I spotted is part of a descripton text and not a date field.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:56:03 pm by blue334 »

Offline ruffa

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 08:42:54 am »
thanks,
you know on my pvd database where u have the first field for an entry where your supposed to put a ID number maybe, i have been using this field for the film title, i did this from the start without realizing, so where it says 'Original Title' this isn;t always filled in, i wonder if this will cause the problem?

I also remembered, i think i may have removed some of the fields on the pvd sql export config so i will put this back right aswell, maybe this was causing problems aswell? i'll let u know how i get on.

Offline blue334

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2008, 10:42:06 am »
Well if that is the case you can't use the data in the ID field (which correctly is the short field before "Title"). If there is information in this field you want to display on the web page, you must manually move it to the "Original Title" field (if that is what it is)
Apparently PVD allows characters to be typed in the ID field, but the export plugin accepts only numbers (which is why all your ID fields are assigned ID=0 in the exported file)

You should not remove anything from the export template unless you fully understand the structure. Each '{%value=XX}' has a counterpart database field, and they're sorted in the same order.
That means for example that the 9th database field ORIGINALTITLE corresponds to the 9th export variable '{%value=3}'. If you remove one but not the other your data will end up in the wrong fields.

Offline ruffa

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2008, 04:32:59 pm »
Hi, yes i thought that might be the case where like the 9th database field ORIGINALTITLE corresponds to the 9th export variable, would be easier if it could recognise the field name rather than order in the list.
But anyway i have done it successfully, in the end! i'm very greatful for your help.

I just repasted the template file into PVD as i think i may have removed some fields from the script, so fixed this, and i made the change to the script like u told me to do and it now works fine.

My next question is whats the best way to edit the main view of the database, just things like colours and aswell as adding maybe other things on either side of the database as there are 2 black empty bits where i can put extra info.
Can i do this in HTML? i think the index file is in PHP but i'm not used to using php but i do have an editor, can i edit using Front Page? or NVU?

Thanks for helping with all the info and files etc.

By the way, the film names did import ok in the end, u can have a look:
http://bwoyruff.co.cc/index.php
But i noticed the film title is not clickable like yours i just have to click the jpeg instead, but i can live with that. Actually the example on the webpage has a clickable title thats just because the entry also had info in the Title Field of PVD but most of my films titles are int he ID no section.

you will only see one entry in there right now, i did upload 2000+ but deleted them now i know it works and will now work on a new list for the web.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:45:39 pm by ruffa »

Offline blue334

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2008, 06:20:54 pm »
Seems you already figured out how to enable/disable the side panels in mdb_confic.inc. The files that contain the html code reside in the templates/default folder. 
detail_view.tpl is the main view and details.tpl is the detailed view. If you know a little html you shouldn't have any problems with these. Not sure if they will open in a wysiwyg editor though.

The colors are all defined in the stylesheet style.css with the single exception of the main background color which is defined in index.php. I think the easiest way to edit the colors is to make a screencap of the web page and open it uncompressed in photoshop or similar software. Using the eydropper tool you can identify the various colors in the stylesheet, this is easier than trying to interpret the various pointers in the stylesheet directly. Then just tweak colors as you wish using replace color in photoshop, identify the new color value and search-replace those values in the stylesheet.
There are some gif files in templates/default/images which naturally aren't tweaked using the stylesheet, you will need to edit these manually. The logo also resides here, I suspect you don't want to keep my walking egg.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2008, 08:51:48 pm »
Seems you already figured out how to enable/disable the side panels in mdb_confic.inc.

Disabling side panels may not be a good idea, although I suppose the cause of this may be something else... If a link is selected in details, that search will be executed, but then there is no way to clear it (e.g., selecting "All Movies" does nothing—the search terms stay in the URL).

Offline ruffa

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2008, 08:44:42 pm »
i think i might have disabled one of the side pannels which displayed something i didn't want, maybe it was the years? i didn't really need a years display so i think i may have edited it out somewhere.

I have photoshop but i've never figured out how to use it to save web pages, but i get what u where saying about the colour changes, the main thing i want to do is disable the video bitrate and all those fields i don't use, so u guess i just need to edit the details.tpl

thanks for all your help.. i'm going to try and build a nice website to go with the database when i get time, will post a link when i eventually finnish it.

Offline blue334

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2008, 11:31:29 pm »
Added allmovie rating/link to the template (also as sort option). Tags have also been added, as mentioned in an earlier post.
Will wait for an updated export plugin allowing the export of actor's role before posting new files.

Here's what my current template/page looks like:
http://mymoviecollection.co.cc/index.php

Offline newsky

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 10:52:18 pm »
Excellent work, blue334! Probably to have last version of a plug-in, how on your site http://mymoviecollection.co.cc/index.php?
English language I do not know, I use a site the translator, forgive
The fool revenges at once and only the coward never (c)

Offline blue334

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 09:33:57 am »
Hi,
The template available for download (on page 2 of this thread) is up to date except for tags and allmovie rating/link. Unless these are very important to you I'd rather wait until I can make a working template for 0.9.9.X before uploading more files (the sql export template works for version 0.9.8.20 only).

Offline newsky

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 08:24:17 pm »
Hi,
The template available for download (on page 2 of this thread) is up to date except for tags and allmovie rating/link. Unless these are very important to you I'd rather wait until I can make a working template for 0.9.9.X before uploading more files (the sql export template works for version 0.9.8.20 only).
Many thanks. I just had in view of your version with a rating and tags allmovies. The plug-in for the version 0.9.9.x is much more actual, I will look forward
English language I do not know, I use a site the translator, forgive
The fool revenges at once and only the coward never (c)

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2009, 03:59:16 pm »
 First of all, thanks to Blue334 for your efforts on this, it's a dream come true for me really I love to see my database online.
I am a complete noob at this stuff so I followed your instructions completely blind and it worked!
I had an error message from PVD when exporting to Sql, (range excess error) but it did not seem to cause a problem...
For info, I am using the http://www.000webhost.com/ web free hosting service which has 1Gb size, and a 20Mb limit on Sql file import.

Funny: The IMDB ratings do not appear on my site...?
I am capturing it on all my movies though.

Also, only 5 directors appear on the side panel. I don't remember changing anything in the way I capture directors for my movies.
Actually (I keep on editing this post!), countries also are wrong, only 1% of them seem to have been properly captured on my page.

Of course I ran into other problems, solved a few, but here is one that I have no clue about, can you help?
I receive this error message after inporting the Sql file into my Database, and I don't know what it means:

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unclosed quote @ 3251
STR: '
SQL:
INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('1052', '', 'DVD322', '', '', '18/09/2008', '', '7.8', 'Trois couleurs: Bleu', 'Trois couleurs: Bleu', '', 'Krzysztof Kieslowski', 'Marin Karmitz', 'France', 'Drama', '1993', '100', 'Juliette Binoche, Benoît Régent, Florence Pernel, Charlotte Véry, Hélène Vincent, Philippe Volter, Claude Duneton, Hugues Quester, Emmanuelle Riva, Florence Vignon, Daniel Martin, Jacek Ostaszewski, Catherine Therouenne, Yann Trégouët, Alain Ollivier, Isabelle Sadoyan, Pierre Forget, Philippe Manesse, Arno Chevrier, Idit Cebula, Stanislas Nordey, Jacques Disses, Michel Lisowski, Yves Penay, Philippe Morier-Genoud, Julie Delpy, Zbigniew Zamachowski, Alain Decaux, Julie Gayet, Piotr Jaxa', 'http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0108394 http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:131104', 'Three Colors: Blue is the first part of Kieslowski''s trilogy on France''s national motto: Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity. Blue is the story of Julie who loses her husband, an acclaimed European composer and her young daughter in a car accident. The film''s theme of liberty is manifested in Julie''s attempt to start life anew free of personal commitments, belongings grief and love. She intends to spiritually commit suicide by withdrawing from the world and live completely independently, anonymously and in solitude in the Parisian metropolis. Despite her intentions, people from her former and present life intrude with their own needs. However, the reality created by the people who need and care about her, a surprising discovery and the music around which the film revolves heals Julie and irresistably draws her back to the land of the living.    ', '   The first of legendary Polish director Krzysztof Kielslowski''s Three Colors trilogy (representing the three colors of the French national flag) is a hypnotic and intriguing journey which follows Juliette Binoche after she tries to gain total liberty (the representation of blue in the flag) after the deaths of her husband (a famous European composer) and young daughter in an automobile accident. Of course isolating oneself from all others is not easy to do as the past keeps on popping up and the future holds many uncertainties. The fact that Binoche''s husband had an affair and the woman is now carrying his child is both ironic and tragic for all involved. In the end will Binoche be able to stop being blue? Blue, like all of Kielslowski''s works, thrives on symbolism (the color popping up all throughout the film) and an unmistakable tone (much the way that Roman Polanski uses that feature in his better productions). The film is not for all tastes because of strong adult content and a distinct female flair (due to the almost total focus on Binoche), but Blue is still a movie which is a testament to its excellent film-maker and its unique theatrical aspects. 4 stars out of 5. ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '', '

SQL query:

INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('1052', '', 'DVD322', '', '', '18/09/2008', '', '7.8', 'Trois couleurs: Bleu', 'Trois couleurs: Bleu', '', 'Krzysztof Kieslowski', 'Marin Karmitz', 'France', 'Drama', '1993', '100', 'Juliette Binoche, Benoît Régent, Florence Pernel, Charlotte Véry, Hélène Vincent, Philippe Volter, Claude Duneton, Hugues Quester, Emmanuelle Riva, Florence Vignon, Daniel Martin, Jacek Ostaszewski, Catherine Therouenne, Yann Trégouët, Alain Ollivier, Isabelle Sadoyan, Pierre Forget, Philippe Manesse, Arno Chevrier, Idit Cebula, Stanislas Nordey, Jacques Disses, Michel Lisowski, Yves Penay, Philippe Morier-Genoud, Julie Delpy, Zbigniew Zamachowski, Alain Decaux, Julie Gayet, Piotr Jaxa', 'http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0108394 http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:131104', 'Three Colors: Blue is the first part of Kieslowski''s trilogy on France''s national motto: Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity. Blue is the story of Julie who loses her husband, an acclaimed European composer and her young daughter in a car accident. The film''s theme of liberty is manifested in Julie''s attempt to start life anew free of personal commitments, belongings grief and love. She intends to spiritually commit suicide by withdrawing from the world and live completely independently, anonymously and in solitude in the Parisian metropolis. Despite her intentions, people from her former and present life intrude with their own needs. However, the reality created by the people who need and care about her, a surprising discovery and the music around which the film revolves heals Julie and irresistably draws her back to the land of the living. ', ' The first of legendary Polish director Krzysztof Kielslowski''s Three Colors trilogy (representing the three colors of the French national flag) is a hypnotic and intriguing journey which follows Juliette Binoche after she tries to gain total liberty (the representation of blue in the flag) after the deaths of her husband (a famous European composer) and young daughter in an automobile accident. Of course isolating oneself from all others is not easy to do as the past keeps on popping up and the future holds many uncertainties. The fact that Binoche''s husband had an affair and the woman is now carrying his child is both ironic and tragic for all involved. In the end will Binoche be able to stop being blue? Blue, like all of Kielslowski''s works, thrives on symbolism (the color popping up all throughout the film) and an unmistakable tone (much the way that Roman Polanski uses that feature in his better productions). The film is not for all tastes because of strong adult content and a distinct female flair (due to the almost total focus on Binoche), but Blue is still a movie which is a testament to its excellent film-maker and its unique theatrical aspects. 4 stars out of 5. ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '', '

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''' at line 1

Thank you again for this!

D.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 05:12:12 pm by deazo »

Offline blue334

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 02:05:21 pm »
Hi,
The sql query does not appear to close each statement properly - each line of the query should close with [);] whereas yours close with [,'] . This will cause malfunction. Maybe you could post the sql export script you're using?

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2009, 04:00:12 pm »
Thanks for your answer.
I am using the script you included in your .zip package.

I am attaching it in this reply (!! I have changed the extension to txt so that I can attach it to this message, so you need to re-change it to .ptm !). I have put it in the "templates" section of my PVD folder.

Is it the wrong one?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline blue334

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2009, 05:38:35 pm »
Hi,
sorry for the late reply, I forgot about the thread.
The template is the correct one, for ver 0.9.8.20 output. Regardless of version, I don't quite understand why the output is being truncated like that. Can you check if the [);] closing of each statement) is also missing in the sql script (the export output file), or just in the mysql error message?

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 06:33:32 pm »
  Forgive my ignorance, I'm not sure exactly what a statement is, but here is an example, it looks like [);] is here (see text pasted right at the end of this message).

Remember, PVD gave me an error message after a while, when exporting the database in sql.
  Well it must have cut off the export right after this "trois couleurs" movie, because it is the very bottom of the sql file.
  The error message was something about some range ("range check error"), and I could not find anything in this forum/site about it.

Would you know why the export was cut off? too many movies?

Also, why would so much info be missing on the actual site (missing imdb ratings, missing directors, etc...)?

Thanks.

INSERT INTO movies (NUM, CHECKED, MEDIA, MEDIATYPE, SOURCE, DATEADD, BORROWER, RATING, ORIGINALTITLE, TRANSLATEDTITLE, FORMATTEDTITLE, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, COUNTRY, CATEGORY, YEAR, LENGTH, ACTORS, URL, DESCRIPTION, COMMENTS, VIDEOFORMAT, VIDEOBITRATE, AUDIOFORMAT, AUDIOBITRATE, RESOLUTION, FRAMERATE, LANGUAGES, SUBTITLES, FILESIZE, DISKS, VIEWDATE, PICTURENAME) VALUES ('1785', '', 'DVD514', '', '', '07/11/2008', '', '6.8', 'Itinéraire d''''un enfant gâté', 'Itineraire d''''un enfant gate', '', 'Claude Lelouch', 'Jean-Paul Belmondo, Claude Lelouch, Gerhard Schmidt', 'France, West Germany', 'Adventure, Comedy, Drama', '1988', '120', 'Jean-Paul Belmondo, Richard Anconina, Lio, Béatrice Agenin, Marie-Sophie L., Jean-Philippe Chatrier, Gila Von Weitershausen, Michel Beaune, Pierre Vernier, Philippe Lorin, Annie Philippe, Céline Caussimon, Daniel Gélin, Alexis Gruss, Nicolas Mallet, Firmin Gruss, Stephan Gruss, Paul Belmondo, Jacques Bonnot, Max Fournel, Patricia Grillo, Elie Lauer, Jeanne Marine, Pierre Meunier, Joëlle Miquel, Charles-Henry Tissot, Wookie Mayer, Arthur Brauss, Sabi Dorr, Udo Wachtveitl, Gilles Dimicelli, Marcel Guéguan, Nicole Croisille, Eva-Maria Hagen, Salomé Lelouch', 'http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095386/ http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:119647', 'French director Claude Lelouch, of Man and a Woman fame, called the shots on Itineraire D''''un Enfant Gate. Jean-Paul Belmondo (who co-produced the film) stars as a powerful international businessman who, in his youth, had been a carnival performer. Once more bitten by wanderlust, Sam Lion (Belmondo) tries to escape his responsibilities by staging his own death. Hiding out in Tanzania, Lion meets Abert Duvivier (Richard Anconina), one of his own employees. Duvivier, informing Lion that the business has gone to hell in a handbasket thanks to the mismanagement of Lion''''s daughter Victoria (Marie-Sophie Lelouch), begs the executive to return. The literal translation of the film''''s title is Itinerary of a Spoiled Child.', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '', 'images/image144.jpg');
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:43:29 am by deazo »

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2009, 11:44:43 pm »

OK I have re-started everything from scratch.
 I used the beta version of pvd this time and did not receive the "range check error" message, the generation of the sql file went all the way.
 Now the problem I have, is that actors appear as director on my page...
 I know the fix should be simple, but I really don't know what it is. Where should I make a change, directly in myphpadmin, or in the sql itself?

One day I'll succeed...

Thanks

Offline blue334

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2009, 11:47:31 pm »
Hi,
you'll need an updated export template for the beta version, since there are many changes.
I have one working already for my own site, I'll try to tidy it up and upload it tomorrow.

anything