Author Topic: Kroozbox - PVD to media theatre solution  (Read 150561 times)

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Kroozbox - PVD to media theatre solution
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2010, 03:10:49 pm »
It its running from the dos box, all is nice. Now the PS3 might have issue with UPNP (or Kroozbox needs to be configured specifilcally for the PS3 requests - it can probably be done but I don't have a PS3 to test with). Other users are using Kroozbox with the PS3. If there is a web browser on it, should be ok.
The only thing you need to do at this point (after Kroozbox has started) is to point the PS3 web browser to Kroozbox. For that you need to know the IP address of the machine where Kroozbox is running and enter it in the PS3 browser address. It would be something like: http://192.168.2.111:9008   - 182.168.2.111 being the IP adress of the Kroozbox machine (this will be different in your environment) and 9008 being the ip port that Kroozbox is listening on (this is the default port and should not be change).

To find out the ip address of the Kroozbox machine, you can do a run (or search) on "cmd" from the start button. A DOS box will open. Type "ipconfig" <enter>. THe IPv4 address will give you the adress to use.

Hope this help.

Offline newsky

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2011, 01:25:44 pm »
Kroozbox - SUPER!
Help please with links on video start.
I have Dune BD Prime 3.0
In base PVD files have a way:
\\Newsky-server\share-server\HD\Мультфильмы\Ш\Шрэк Навсегда (2010)\Shrek_Forever_After_(2010)(multi)(1080).mkv
And in the browser I receive here such way:
http://172.18.0.13:9013/&media=%2F%2FNewsky-server%2Fshare-server%2FHD%2F%D0%9C%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%82%D1%84%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BC%D1%8B%2F%D0%A8%2F%D0%A8%D1%80%D1%8D%D0%BA%20%D0%9D%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B4%D0%B0%20%282010%29%2FShrek_Forever_After_%282010%29%28multi%29%281080%29.mkv
And the file isn't started. What I need to make, what files would be reproduced?
How to make that the reference wouldn't change and remained as is in base PVD?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:28:46 pm by newsky »
English language I do not know, I use a site the translator, forgive
The fool revenges at once and only the coward never (c)

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2011, 05:50:49 pm »
Hi,

I have created the same structure that you show here (Мультфильмы\Ш\Шрэк Навсегда (2010)\Shrek_Forever_After_(2010)(multi)(1080).mkv) and I was *not* able to reproduce your problem.  Working fine with my setup.

Soooo, a few points:

* Make sure that the Kroozbox machine has access to the "\\Newsky-server" machine - try kroozbox in a *none* service mode by running the STARTME.bat file (and the service turned off). If that works it means that the service account under which Kroozbox is running doesn't have proper access to the "\\Newsky-server" serveur - change in the service management.

* You can play with UUEncodeMediaLink value (true or false) in the kroozbox.properties of your template to see if it change anything (kroozbox has to be restarted for this to take effect).

* I didn't try your link using the path with a server name - it should work but maybe mapping the server to a drive on the machine running kroozbox might be an option. You can then add entry to your "PVDLinkRelocation.properties" of your template to change the link from the PVD entry to the drive mapping that you used. For instance:
\\Newsky-server\=n:\
(replace n: with whatever drive name you use in your mapping - Kroozbox need to be restart after that)
You can verify the link value in your browser.

* You could always set the "debug" flag to true in the kroozbox.properties file of your template, run with startme.bat and see the output on the screen when you click your media link in the borwser. Kroozbox would tell you more information on what is happening.

Let me know,
Nono

Offline newsky

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2011, 08:32:14 pm »
Nono, Thank you so much for the help!
Although at this point I nothing has changed. Don't understand all, does the Dune BD Prime 3.0 playback after clicking in the browser. Link type:
< a href = smb://server/share/hd/video.mkv > play </a> does not launch video
However, the record in the dune_folder.txt file:
media_url = smb://server/share/hd/video.mkv starts the video. So I think, does this player function Kroozbox  :(

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2011, 10:22:24 pm »
Not sure if I understand.

Note that Kroozbox for mkv, avi, etc type of file is *not* using smb but act as its own http server.
I am not familiar with Dune DB Prime so I cannot comment much on any shortcoming.
Kroozbox can also serve as just file pointer - changing the path with an smb references if you need that but... that's a long trip.

Please answer those:
* What is your level of success with Kroozbox? can you see the sommary pages in DB Prime and in your computer browser?
* Can you launch a movie through Kroozbox using your computer browser (Internet Explorer or the like) or is the file get downloaded or "404 Not found" ?

Try to be precise on the error/problem you get. Maybe using google translator from russian?
I can read/write/speak french and can communicate to a certain extend in italian, spanish and german.. sorry no russian. Thanks.

Nono

Offline newsky

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2011, 05:38:31 am »
Please answer those:
* What is your level of success with Kroozbox? can you see the sommary pages in DB Prime and in your computer browser?
* Can you launch a movie through Kroozbox using your computer browser (Internet Explorer or the like) or is the file get downloaded or "404 Not found" ?
1. Yes!
2. Yes!  file get downloaded
I was hoping that Kroozbox can run links to SMB
This feature player like that can be used with Kroozbox?
•Access to network: browser of network shares (SMB, UPnP), user-defined shortcuts to network shares (SMB, NFS), links to HTTP media streams

D:\share-server\HD\Фильмы\А\Аватар (2009)\Avatar_(2009)(multi)(Remux).mkv - Yes!  file get downloaded
\\Newsky-server\share-server\HD\А\Аватар (2009)\Avatar_(2009)(multi)(Remux).mkv - No. file does not run in a browser

maybe I need to configure some access (non SMB) to the player?

sorry ... Forgive me for my english: (
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:10:36 am by newsky »

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2011, 04:46:26 pm »
I've been reading Dune specification.
You don't (should not) need smb protocol to play your movie through Kroozbox. Kroozbox can be configure for it but it would be a long road to make it work.

From what you told me here - Kroozbox should work. I suspect some type of right access to the file.

We need to know your network layout for this...
Please provide more details on your configuration:

* Is Kroozbox running as a service - for now you should make it run with STARTME.bat.
* Where are the movie file located? on the Dune machine directly? on a dedicated network machine/nas.
* Is Kroozbox running on the same machine where the movie files are located (\\Newsky-server) ? if not, where is it running in regards to Dune and movie file location?
* Are you using PVD program on the same machine where the movie files are located? I suspect the anser is "no" but need to be sure.
* Is "\\Newsky-server" the Dune machine (that has an internal hard disk)?
* You do see the Kroozbox interface on the Dune machine - only the movie doesn't play. Right?

You are saying that the movie get downloaded when you click on the play link in Kroozbox interface in the browser. It means that it should also work with the Dune machine. I am puzzled.
Really need more information on your configuration/layout. There are a zillion way to install all this.

Thanks,
Nono

Offline newsky

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2011, 07:01:42 pm »

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2011, 10:02:53 pm »
Ok should be easy enough.

Soooo, isn't there a machine missing here!? if I understand, you also connect to your "newsky-server" from another machine running PVD client from where you populate your PVD database. I suspect this since the link in kroozbox have a pointer to the "\\Newsky-server\" .
(aka.: http://172.18.0.13:9013/&media=%2F%2FNewsky-server%2Fshare-server%2FHD%2F%D0%9C%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%82%D1%84%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BC%D1%8B%2F%D0%A8%2F%D0%A8%D1%80%D1%8D%D0%BA%20%D0%9D%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B4%D0%B0%20%282010%29%2FShrek_Forever_After_%282010%29%28multi%29%281080%29.mkv)
If you would use the PVD client on newsky-server it would normaly point to the d: drive. Anyway, not a big deal.

FYI. The play link that you should see in your browser should point to http://172.18.0.13:9013... - that's kroozbox. But the info link after the "&media=" part should be the path of the movie as seen by Kroozbox (since Kroobox will be the server - not as seen by the dune or any otehr machine).

Basically, instead of seing the link  http://172.18.0.13:9013/&media=%2F%2FNewsky-server%2Fshare.... we want to see something like:
http://172.18.0.13:9013/&media=D:\share-server\.... or encoded as http://172.18.0.13:9013/&media=D%3A%2Fshare-server%2F....

Solution to force change the link in Kroozbox without changing the link in the PVD database:

Open the file PVDLinkRelocation.properties located in your template root.
Add the lines:

\\Newsky-server\=d:\
%2F%2FNewsky-server%2F=d%3A%2F
\\Newsky-server\=d%3A%2F

Here I'm putting all the combination of coded/not coded so we are shure to get proper results (but its the second line that should do the trick in your case).

Save file. Restart Kroozbox. Test. Check link in browser to confirm - don't forget to reload/refresh Kroozbox page on the dune machine too.
That should work.

Let me know.
Nono

Offline kotten

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2011, 09:43:49 pm »
Hi

I have just downloaded your jukebox for the first time and have now tried to get it to work and i think
i have come a bit on the way. I have installed the service and now i can see the jukebox
in the first meny of my A110 (upnp works). I start that and i can see the sample of the PVD file.
So far so good i believe.

Now i want to see my movies in the PCH and if i have understood correct i must create my own
PVD file of my movie library, but how do i do that?

The command java - version is working from a comand prompt.  (ver 6.0)

I have tried to start the file startme.bat but i recieve this error (not sure if i must do that)

C:\Users\kotten>java -cp ./library/Kroozbox.jar;./library/jaybird-full-2.1.6.jar
;./library/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar;./library/jtds-1.2.jar;./library/*
; org.gdgsystems.kroozbox.Kroozbox
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gdgsystems/kroozb
ox/Kroozbox
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gdgsystems.kroozbox.Kroozbox
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: org.gdgsystems.kroozbox.Kroozbox.  Program will e
xit.

I belive if i can create a pvd-file all is working i hope.

I have two different ways of watch movie on my PCH.

1. Internal HD (only temporary movies)
2. A share is mapped from PCH to my PC there i have most of the movies

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2011, 02:46:24 am »
Hi,

I must create my own PVD file of my movie library, but how do i do that?

Heu... we are here in forum of the PVD software. Meaning that the PVD file is created by the PVD software that you can download from http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?action=down

To start the STARTME file you might need to be in the working folder of Kroozbox. Not sure how you are starting it.
Note that if Kroozbox is working in service mode, you don't need to start it with STARTME.

The only thing you have to do is build your movie database with PVD and point Kroozbox to it by changing the value of "dbName" in the Kroozbox.properties file located in your template folder (typically: \Kroozbox2.0\templates\PVDTemplate-HD\kroozbox.properties).

Restart Kroozbox. that should work providing that the path of the movie provided in the PVD software is the same path for Kroozbox. (ex.: if PVD point to d:\mymovie\title\title.avi , the machine running kroozbox should see this movie with this path). Otherwise there are ways to dynamically cahnge the path but that's for another time when/if you provide us with a a mapping of your network.

Noet that Kroozbox won't be able to play  the movie file located on the PCH local drive.

Nono

Offline kotten

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2011, 09:03:19 pm »
sorry for the stupid question but i have to pass the threshold first. :-)

I have downloaded the PVD application and installd it. It starts correct, but now what?

I was hoping the this app could search my movie directory with all my mkv-files and then
import them. But that is maybe not how it works. Must i manually put all my movies in this database?

And how do i do that, please help me.

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2011, 09:34:26 pm »
PVD top menu->Tools->Scan Folder for new movies/file path...

Offline kotten

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:36 pm »
sorry, i should have find that.

I have now started the search and sometime i got a question what movie i really have
because it cant translate my filename. Sometimes i can see my movie of suggestion
but some movies it just cant find. It is still common movies and not very unusual.

Offline newsky

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2011, 11:09:57 am »
Dear Nono! Thank you very much for your help!

Just as I expect, Dune BD Prime 3.0 (and other players of the brand) are not able to run the file from the link in your browser. According to this, until Kroozbox use with this player can not. BUT! Representatives of this player in Russia, this possibility seemed interesting, and they promised to implement a media launch at the link from a browser in a future firmware. I will wait!

Came the question directly on the Kroozbox: Why are some films so "scattered"?

I have an external IP and my base is "looking to the Internet, " I could give you a link if it helps to understand why. Do you mind?

Offline kotten

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2011, 11:47:21 pm »
I have now a fine pvd-file wich is working correct on my computer if i browse to port 9008. The problem is now
that i have static path to my movies because i had this path (mapped drive) on my computer.

Therefore it wont work on the popcorn. What shall i do to solve this?

In my computer i have, Z:\HD-Movies and on the popcorn i have samba to 192.168.1.4/hd-movies

Offline kotten

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2011, 08:10:33 pm »
It works now and i am happy, thanks.

There is something that i dont understand, how does the sort order work? If i have a movie that should be on one other place, how do i change that?

Offline kotten

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2011, 02:16:24 pm »
Some problem now. Suddenly after a restart of my win7 64-bit computer the kroozbox service is hanging. I wont start, it only say starting.

is there any log-file i can read?

I have tried to remove the service and install it again. I have also downloaded the kroozbox package and use these files
instead of mine, if i maybe have change something in some file. No change.

What can it be?

Offline Paul T

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2011, 09:59:36 pm »
Hi All,
running PVD and Kroozebox, on a Windows XP Pro  machine and a Popcorn hour, for the last couple of years with no problems. Getting to the stage when my raid card is getting past it as it only supports 1TB drives and max raid 5 size of 2TB. Already have 3 raids setup each pointing to the next holding all my files . All works well.
Have ordered a 12 port Sata 2 card which hopefully supports > 2TB drives and raid sizes to the limit of the OS. I know about the problems with raid but have found no problems running it.

My question is, what is the way forward as far as an OS is concerned ?
Not a fan of Linux etc so am down to Windows.
My thoughts are go with Win 7 but think will have a problem as my drives are different sizes, 4 x 750, 4x 500 amd 4 x 320 so there may be little advantage in going this route.
My other idea was a Windows Home server using drive extender. I have one running at the moment using different drives sizes for a total of approx 11 TB. I use this to store backups of my films and the computer backups.
Will PVD/Kroozebox etc run on WHS or has anyone any other ides ?

All the best
Paul

Offline Paul T

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2011, 09:11:05 am »
Forgot to say , running Win XP pro 32 bit. Would XP Pro 64 bit be an easier path ?

anything