Author Topic: Audio Files  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
Audio Files
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:16:23 am »
Is it possible to import and play audio files? I have tried various things but can not import mp3 files.

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Audio Files
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 01:18:50 am »
Opps! This should have been posted in the support forum. Sorry about that.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 06:04:22 am »
You can only import video files, but you can play any file type. In effect, "play" asks Windows to "open" whatever file is in the Path name field. Windows does so with whatever program has been associated with that file type. The MP3 pathname would have to be entered manually to the field.

Multiple files entered in the Path name field are passed to Windows using a playlist. So you could, for example, precede a movie with some music—to set a mood, or give you time to pop the popcorn. Note, however, the files are ordered by pathname in the playlist, so the music will precede the movie only if it's filename is "before" that of the movie.

Now I have to ask... Why do you want to do this?

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 05:06:18 am »
Clicking Import on the menu bar shows an item called, "Get covers from AllCD Covers.com" so I thought this might be an easy way to import meta data into JRMC. Thanks for the reply.

By the way, Humphrey Bogart is one of my favorite old time movie actors. I have nearly all of his movies.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:52:02 am »
I thought this might be an easy way to import meta data into JRMC.

Hmmm. Seems like a bit of a stretch. I'm just looking forward to the JRMC Theatre View development finally getting to the point where I might make use of my PVD data.

Humphrey Bogart is one of my favorite old time movie actors.

I wouldn't call myself a fan, although there's something special about Casablanca. My handle has a completely different meaning elsewhere, but here I decided rick.ca could mean "Rick from Casablanca." Now I spend so much time here, I risk turning into Fred C. Dobbs. ;)