Author Topic: PVD Wiki is now online!  (Read 66883 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: PVD Wiki is now online!
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2009, 05:28:28 am »
asking for a volunteer to create a like structure in Russian would be most appreciated

You see? If we had a multilingual forum, you could do that. 8)

Anybody in particular you have in mind?

Yes. That guy right there. The one who's lurking, but hasn't yet made up his mind. We've got his IP address, of course, but we should be polite and wait for him to volunteer. ;)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009, 11:17:39 pm »

So is there a story behind the new logo? Is that a wave, or spermatozoon doing a somersault? ???

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2009, 12:16:19 am »
It's just me playing with Paint.NET. Unfortunately my graphics design knowledge is not enough to create smth better that this, but this logo is still better than the previous one...
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2009, 12:26:17 am »
If you were a graphic designer, you'd make up a story—and then charge yourself a $10,000 fee. ;)

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2009, 12:42:54 am »
So I am the same graphic design as businessmen.   :-\

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 01:15:01 am »
You just don't appreciate how easy it is...

1. Make up a story about the logo.
2. Incorporate.
3. Offer shares to the public.

The story has to be a very good one, of course. Perhaps something about seeing the future. Back it up with a plugin that gets information about movies not yet made. ;)

Offline cwdean

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 02:59:22 pm »
asking for a volunteer to create a like structure in Russian would be most appreciated

You see? If we had a multilingual forum, you could do that. 8)

I think I'll go ahead and turn Forums on in order to provide direct support for PVD Wiki...unless I hear any objections  ;) 

I've been working closely with Reset on multi-lingual (Russian) support and it would be more efficient to do so via a Forum rather than via internal system emails and Shoutbox messages.  This way it would be easier to elaborate on the details and give other users an opportunity to see what is going on and provide additional support if they are so inclined.

The Forum will be specific to PVD Wiki support and I will be sure to indicate this in the first sticky post.

-cwdean

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 10:28:13 pm »
The Forum will be specific to PVD Wiki support and I will be sure to indicate this in the first sticky post.

If a discussion strays from Wiki support, I suggest you simply "move" it to the appropriate forum here. That is, start a topic here quoting the relevant dialog, and then post a "Moved to PVD forum" link to the Wiki topic. The obvious exception to this rule would be where the forum is necessarily being used to facilitate a discussion between users of different languages. In that case, it might be appropriate to post invitations to join the discussion to the English and Russian PVD forums.

Offline cwdean

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2009, 04:56:20 am »

If a discussion strays from Wiki support, I suggest you simply "move" it to the appropriate forum here. That is, start a topic here quoting the relevant dialog, and then post a "Moved to PVD forum" link to the Wiki topic. The obvious exception to this rule would be where the forum is necessarily being used to facilitate a discussion between users of different languages. In that case, it might be appropriate to post invitations to join the discussion to the English and Russian PVD forums.

Sounds good to me.   :)

Offline cwdean

• User
    • View Profile
PVD-Manual
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 06:02:29 pm »
The PVD Wiki supports what are called structures, which is just a fancy term for associating wiki pages so that they can be read in a particular sequence (like a pamphlet or book).  I've created a structure called 'PVD-Manual' which lays out wiki pages in a logical sequence that could be referenced like a manual.  You can check the PVD-Manual out here -- http://www.nimidia.com/pvd_wiki/tiki-index.php?page=PVD-Manual.  Navigation icons for moving through the pages are available at the top of the page.

As content is updated they are automatically reflected in the PVD-Manual.  However, for new pages, these need to be added to the structure in order to be reflected in the manual.  Anybody is welcome to do this (and I'll try to check for new pages that should be added to the manual as I can).

Additionally, I've enabled a feature called 'Multiple Print'.  You can find this under the Wiki menu.  This feature allows you to select pages and/or structures for printing.  So, for example, if you want to print the PVD-Manual, you can select the PVD-Manual structure and print the entire manual.  If you have a PDF Printer installed, you can print the manual to a PDF file for reference.  :)  This feature is available for any page (or pages) you choose.

Wiki pages are already being updated to refect changes (and new features) that have been introduced with version 0.9.9.5 beta of PVD (such as support for remote database servers and permissions).  These aren't in the PVD-Manual structure yet, but they will be soon.   ;)

Hope you enjoy.  ;D

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 11:36:33 pm »
I think it's a good time to do some final updates to the Wiki, people  ::)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 12:18:56 am »
Nope. This time, we'll let the Russians write 'em, and we'll translate. ;D

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 12:32:08 am »
:)

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 02:22:47 pm »
Search is not working well for me (It doesn't find any thing). Any others with similar problems?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 09:12:49 pm »
I refreshed the search index, and it seems okay now.

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2010, 12:38:52 am »
I refreshed the search index, and it seems okay now.
Thanks, working much better for me now.

anything