English > Scripts and Templates

Export template for J River Media Center

(1/6) > >>

raldo:

--- Quote from: darichman on July 31, 2008, 11:30:47 am ---I don't know if anyone here uses J River Media Center (http://www.jrmediacenter.com/), but here is an export template that will output to an MPL file. MPL is the main database format that Media Center (MC) uses. MC is great as an organisational/playback/home theatre setup, but lacks online metadata lookup for movies, so this is where PVD comes in for me Smiley

First of all, set up the export template in PVD-
go to tools > preferences > plugins > plain text/export > add > (call it what you want) > and then copy and pase the following:
[...]

--- End quote ---

When exporting using this method, each movie record results in one exported record. When a movie/record contains multiple files, the filename is comprised of pipe "|" separated filenames.

Is there a way using export templates to ouptput multiple export records where each record represents only one file?

The reason why I'm asking, is that on the J. River MC side, the MPL file is imported incorrectly for movies with multiple files.

rick.ca:

--- Quote ---Is there a way using export templates to output multiple export records where each record represents only one file?
--- End quote ---

It's been a while since I've done this, but I have a vague recollection I had to edit the export file to deal with this. I suppose the easiest way to do that is to eliminate all but the first file reference—perhaps it's not necessary to tag all the files of a multiple file movie in MC.

BTW, what version of PVD are you using? Are you using darichman's script, or have you updated for use with 0.9.9.4?

raldo:
PVD: 0.9.8.20
script: 0.5.0.6

Why?

Using just one filepath would naturally solve the problem to a certain extent, as you explain. It would be a lot of manual work, though.

rick.ca:

--- Quote ---Why?
--- End quote ---

No reason, now that I remind myself the export function doesn't yet work in the 0.9.9.4 (it needs to be updated in respect of how fields are now referenced by name). I knew there was some reason why I hadn't done this in a while. :-\  It seems to be a snail's race between that getting done, an MC improving Theater View so the data is actually worth having there.

--- Quote ---It would be a lot of manual work, though.
--- End quote ---

It would require a text editor that uses regex, and the regex for finding and deleting the text between the first "|" and "</" of the filename tag.

raldo:

--- Quote from: rick.ca on March 26, 2009, 12:21:41 am ---[...]
It would require a text editor that uses regex, and the regex for finding and deleting the text between the first "|" and "</" of the filename tag.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that's possible. Still, It's cumbersome.

It's a pity because I have a setup that's relatively simple to use now:

Open PVD, search folders and export. The export launches a batch file which again launches MC with import playlist command line options. Done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version