English > Support

Bulk Import Images to PVD from PC?

(1/10) > >>

lilhill:
Hi,

I have a bunch (1000s) of custom videos which I have loaded into PVD. I have a cover/screenshot of every video saved as JPEGs in a folder on my desktop. Each image has the same name as its source video.

Is there anyway I can import these images in bulk into PVD to their repective videos?
Possibly a script? I'm not familiar with writing scripts...

Reset:

--- Quote from: lilhill on April 01, 2009, 07:15:17 pm ---Hi,

I have a bunch (1000s) of custom videos which I have loaded into PVD. I have a cover/screenshot of every video saved as JPEGs in a folder on my desktop. Each image has the same name as its source video.

Is there anyway I can import these images in bulk into PVD to their repective videos?
Possibly a script? I'm not familiar with writing scripts...

--- End quote ---
It is possible to load, using a script (plugin). How to make in another way, I do not know.
I can make a script, but there are questions:
- What version PVD?
- The image is a poster, a cover or a screenshot?
- To one film one image or a several?
If the version 0.9.8.20 it is possible not to answer questions 2 and 3: loading only one poster is accessible from a script.

lilhill:
PVD Version: 0.9.8.20
Technically the images are screenshots (the images are the first frame of each video).
I just need to pair one image with each video in the database and would like the image to display as what I guess would be the "cover" image in the default view in PVD (under the title of the video).

I am going to need eventually use PVD on a server. Would this script work in that environment too?

lilhill:
In the end, I guess I'm going to need a script that will either extract all the metadata from the video files (WMV and MP4) and pair it with a thumbnail then create a MySQL file that can be imported into PVD.

I have a program called GSpot which I am currently using to extract the metadata from the video file, and another program called VideoCharge which I am using to get a screenshot (cover image) from the video files.

The GSpot metadata extractor I have exports the metadata in a CSV file. I have simple script that will remove the columns from the CSV file that I don't want. I then import the CSV file into MS Excel under headers and import the Excel file into PVD. But I have no way of getting the correct cover image files to pair up with the correct video in PVD.

Is there a way to write a script that will do this all automatically in a couple clicks?

This seems very convoluted and involved for the amount of files I'll be processing in the future. Is it possible to write a script that will either:
A) use the two programs I already mentioned to pair the correct cover image with the correct metadata for each video and compile this information in a MySQL database for PVD import?
or
B) write a script that will extract the metadata and cover image itself and compile this information in a MySQL database for PVD import?

If anyone could help me out in either writing a script that would do this or pointing me in the right direction, that would be great.

I can provide the info for what metadata I would like extracted and more details about my project if anyone is willing to take on this endeavor.

I'm all but clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff...

Thanks!

Reset:

--- Quote from: lilhill on April 01, 2009, 08:42:39 pm ---PVD Version: 0.9.8.20

--- End quote ---
OK. I will make loading of one your screenshot in poster field.

--- Quote from: lilhill on April 01, 2009, 08:42:39 pm ---Technically the images are screenshots (the images are the first frame of each video).
I just need to pair one image with each video in the database and would like the image to display as what I guess would be the "cover" image in the default view in PVD (under the title of the video).

--- End quote ---
The field in the program under title is intended for posters. Screenshots, cover and disk image are located after the technical information on a movie. See first and second screenshots on a screenshots page.

--- Quote from: lilhill on April 01, 2009, 08:42:39 pm ---I am going to need eventually use PVD on a server. Would this script work in that environment too?

--- End quote ---
If that works PVD, I think, the script will work also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version