English > Scripts and Templates

Export plugins for J River Media Center

(1/6) > >>

raldo:
I'm "working on" an export plugin for JRiver mediacenter.

Now, I think I have worked out a way of doing the file selection and metadata import "seamlessly" on the MC side.

Some questions, possibly on the SDK or commandline on the PVD side:
o Is there a way to start a *silent* scan on a single file from within the export plugin framework? I.e. is there a part of the SDK or the command line interface that facilitates this?
o Is it possible to somehow get the scan results programmatically so that the scan results can be resolved programmatically?

Thanks.

nostra:
What do you mean with "scan"?

--- Quote ---Is it possible to somehow get the scan results programmatically so that the scan results can be resolved programmatically?
--- End quote ---

You can retrieve any information field. I'll explain how when I am back home in the evening.

raldo:

--- Quote from: nostra link=topic=1254.msg4594#cfløæ'msg4594 date=1238670039 ---What do you mean with "scan"?

--- End quote ---
Scan: When you first have set up your "watch folders" and then select "scan folders" to retrieve metadata. (PVD isn't installed on this PC so I'm not completely sure what the exact wording is)

By "Scan results" I mean the disambiguation dialog that pops up when you import meta data. For example to select between the original "Open your eyes (abre los ojos)" and the Hollywood remake.

nostra:
Hmm, currently there is no way of starting the scanner in silent mode and get it's results.
What do you need such functionality for? Could you explain exactly what the end result should look like?

raldo:
Good idea.

I'm thinking of making an JRMC-PVD interface where PVD serves metadata to JRMC.

My suggestion below is for a "seamless interface" where no action needs to be taken on the PVD side.

The way it would work (if possible) is as follows:
(i) In MC, select one or more files and select "Import metadata from PVD"
(ii) The MC plugin signals PVD sequentially for each filename with with a request for metadata.
(iii) A receive thread on the PVD side processes each request and initiates a metadata scan.
(iv) When the scan for a file has finalized, PVD signals back to MC, either a disambiguation list of alternatives (as descibed above) or the "one and only result"
(v) If MC receives a list of alternatives, the MC plugin brings up a dialog from which the user can select the correct item. Then, MC requests data from PVD.
(vi) When the MC plugin has received data, it populates fields in the MC db according to user configuration in the MC Plugin.

Communication would take place via UDP.

Alternatively, MC could retrieve the data from the database (using the API some other user provided in "some other thread").

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version