Author Topic: IMDb import  (Read 39840 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: IMDb import
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 09:00:31 pm »
It does not appear to be loading Actor, Producer, or Composer entries at all anymore.  Only Director and Writer entries are loaded successfully, for some reason.

Welcome, rhps.

Yes, there's an obvious problem with the people data—it doesn't seem to be restricted to, or consistent with the fields you mention. Perhaps be a consequence of the rapid fix (fix one thing, break another)? :-\

BTW, it's also—sometimes—setting the viewed flag of the updated movie.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:11:47 pm by rick.ca »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 01:22:58 pm »
I think they are still changing stuff on the site, so the plugin gets broken. I'll wait a day more and will provide a fix then.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rhpsmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2009, 05:31:53 pm »
And as it happened, everything started working perfectly again as of sometime last night with the exact same plugin.  I have no issues with it currently.

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 02:20:59 pm »
Works intermittently for me. I can try an import on a particular movie and get no results, then try again on the same movie and everything imports fine?

Aimhere

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 02:53:53 pm »
Works intermittently for me. I can try an import on a particular movie and get no results, then try again on the same movie and everything imports fine?

Aimhere

could you post the log?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2009, 07:33:20 pm »
I haven't noticed the same problems as before, but it's still setting the viewed flag if anything is updated.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2009, 07:41:31 pm »
I haven't noticed the same problems as before, but it's still setting the viewed flag if anything is updated.

Never mind. That seems to be a bug in the program. After any edit, the view flag is set.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2009, 08:32:58 pm »

Never mind. That seems to be a bug in the program. After any edit, the view flag is set.

Strange, but I can't reproduce this

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2009, 10:33:58 pm »

Of course not. You're not using my skin.  ::)

It seems the problem is caused by a recent modification to my skin to show the date viewed in addition to the viewed flag. I did this by leaving the viewed field (flag + date) as is, and adding the date using viewdate (date only). I rather like this, as it allows released, added, modified and viewed dates to be shown together in sequence. The behaviour seems to be caused by the existence of viewdate in the skin. The viewed flag is set just by entering edit mode—regardless of whether anything is changed. It makes no difference if viewed is removed (which I can't do anyway, because I still need the flag). Can you suggest a solution?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2009, 08:34:11 pm »

Of course not. You're not using my skin.  ::)

It seems the problem is caused by a recent modification to my skin to show the date viewed in addition to the viewed flag. I did this by leaving the viewed field (flag + date) as is, and adding the date using viewdate (date only). I rather like this, as it allows released, added, modified and viewed dates to be shown together in sequence. The behaviour seems to be caused by the existence of viewdate in the skin. The viewed flag is set just by entering edit mode—regardless of whether anything is changed. It makes no difference if viewed is removed (which I can't do anyway, because I still need the flag). Can you suggest a solution?

I need to fix this programmatically. Will do this in the next update.

Offline Digi

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 12:49:58 pm »
Hi there Guys,

First off Great work on the Personal Video Database,
It is exactly the applet which I have been looking for for ages. that does everything I actually want without using 4 different items.
I have also been having the issue with the Director, Writer etc entries.
I downloaded the new IMDB.com Plugin (thanks for the Link Rick.ca)

Now I have a HUGE question, is there any easy way to clear all the Movie/Series, Writer/Director/Publisher entries all at once?
or at least the ones I select? Asking because I have 700+ movie entries that I have gotten in my collection over the Years. and things I have added to Wish basket.

Thanks a Ton for any assistance.
-Digi

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 05:32:00 pm »
Welcome, Digi.

The Delete function applies to whatever items are selected in the list. If multiple items are selected, the delete key will not work (a safety measure, I assume), but you can still select Delete from the Movies menu or the toolbar.

Understand Delete just makes a record "invisible"—it doesn't delete the record from the database. This is to maintain the integrity of the database. For example, the movie you want to "delete" may exist in filmographies, so the record needs to be maintained for that purpose. If it's not needed for anything, it will purged when running Optimize database with "Delete movie orphans" selected. If you really want permanently delete a record, you may do so by pressing CTRL as Delete is selected—as explained in the warning message displayed whenever Delete is selected.

anything