Author Topic: AdultDVDEmpire script for 0.9.9.5+  (Read 16193 times)

Offline Reset

• View Profile
AdultDVDEmpire script for 0.9.9.5+
« on: April 11, 2009, 07:50:53 pm »
If you're trying to import/update multiple movies from Adult DVD Empire, either do them one at a time or in small batches.

I don't use it, but trying it now in 0.9.9.5 it performs a GET repeatedly without returning any information. This a good reason to be blocked by the site, although I see no evidence of that. I have no idea if this is an issue with the script or the beta. If I start with the URL as well as the title, I'm presented with a blank search results dialog. I suppose that suggests the problem is with the program. Following is a portion of my log file...

Corrected script in attachment. Only for version 0.9.9.5+.
The option pauseBeforeLoad in a script sets a delay between loading of pages (default 0 ms).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:06:13 am by nostra »
Excuse for my English.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 09:08:39 pm »

This seems like too minor a change to require two different script versions. Is it not possible to have the script check the program version, and skip the wait statement if it is not 0.9.9.5+?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:17:05 am by rick.ca »

Offline Reset

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 11:07:08 pm »

This seems like too minor a change to require two different script versions. Is it not possible to have the script check the program version, and skip the wait statement if it is not 0.9.9.5+?
Changes in the version 0.9.9.5 have led to incompatibility with old scripts. The code prDownload was equal 3 earlier, and now should be 4.
To receive the version of the program from a script now it's impossible.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:17:23 am by rick.ca »
Excuse for my English.

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Re: AdultDVDEmpire script for 0.9.9.5+
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 10:42:25 pm »
Update:

Modified script to deal with changes to how Adult DVD Empire embeds studio names in their HTML.

This version is for PVD 0.9.9.5 and above. I have not tested it (I'm still using RVD version 0.9.8.20), but it is based on the code posted by rick.ca, all I changed was the parts dealing with studio names. If anyone has trouble with it, let me know.

Aimhere

(P.S. - why did the prDownload code value change, anyway? Changes that break existing scripts = bad...)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 10:50:55 pm »
(P.S. - why did the prDownload code value change, anyway? Changes that break existing scripts = bad...)

I know, but it made my code simpler and PVD has not reached the version 1.0, so i allowed it to me  :P
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 03:44:12 pm »

I know, but it made my code simpler and PVD has not reached the version 1.0, so i allowed it to me  :P

*sigh* Developers... :P

AimHere

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 01:47:30 am »
Just a quick heads-up:

Now that a new stable (?) version of PVD is out, I will no longer maintain a separate version of the ADE script for use with PVD versions below 0.9.9.5.  It's hard enough keeping one version of the script working properly, let alone two, since ADE keeps changing things so frequently! (I myself have switched to the newest version for my own use, by the way.)

Aimhere

(P.S. - Rick.ca, perhaps this thread ought to be stickied/pinned now, or maybe merged with the other AdultDVDEmpire thread.)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 02:10:35 am »
Rick.ca, perhaps this thread ought to be stickied/pinned now

Done, until you start your own. BTW, if for some reason it only works for 0.9.9.8+, just change the heading. There's no need to support anything below 0.9.9.8.

Offline transfererror

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:01:07 am »
Hello Aimhere,

thank you for your script. I'm wondering if it is possible to download also the back side of the cover.
Is it possible to integrate this feature in your script?

Best regards

transfererror

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 06:00:20 pm »
thank you for your script. I'm wondering if it is possible to download also the back side of the cover.
Is it possible to integrate this feature in your script?

Ghaahh, I can barely keep the script running correctly as it is, and you want me to add a new feature???

Just so it's clear, I didn't write the original script. I'm only making small modifications as Adult DVD Empire makes HTML changes that break it. As it stands now, the importing of the cast list for a given movie doesn't always work right, but my script-fu is too weak to figure out a better way to do it. I'll try to see what I can do, but learning the scripting language and working on the script is a low priority for me.

AimHere

Offline kencr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 05:33:28 pm »
Earlier today I downloaded and installed PVD (v 0.9.9.14). This is the first time I have used PVD. Is this script included in the latest version of PVD ?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 05:54:45 pm »
Welcome to the forum, kencr.

Yes, I believe it is. You should see it listed in Tools - Preferences - Plugins and on your Import menu. If it's not there, download it and copy it to your scripts directory.

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 07:38:06 pm »
Okay, I'm having a problem with the ADE script's poster processing (using PVD 0.9.9.16 with the most recent ADE script).

On one particular movie, the script engine goes into an infinite loop while trying to download the poster. The information bar at the bottom of the window pops up, says "Downoading from:" with the URL of the poster image, but never finishes. PVD seems to keep trying to download the image repeatedly, with the "bytes" value updating rapidly (mostly showing the value 39373, which I assume is the actual file size) until I click "Cancel" (or until ADE blocks the connection, which happens sometimes if the site gets hammered too much).

If I enable -debug mode and check the log, it shows PVD trying to GET: that image URL over and over and over.

If I try to open the URL directly in Firefox (pasting it into the address bar), the browser doesn't behave as expected. Where it would normally simply show the JPEG image in the Firefox window, instead it asks me whether I want to open or save the file. Same thing happens when I go to the ADE catalog page that has the picture embedded in it, right-click on it, and select "Show Image". If I DO save the image to a file when prompted, my regular JPEG viewer can open it without any problem.

Further research leads me to suspect that the website is passing the wrong MIME identification for the file when my computer requests it by HTTP, confusing PVD. But Firefox is still able to download the file, whereas PVD goes into an infinite loop trying to download it again and again. Whatever the problem is, Firefox handles it gracefully (it can still show the picture embedded in the parent webpage, after all) but PVD just chokes on it. It seems to happen very rarely, as this is the first time I've ever seen this problem.

Thing is, I don't see how to go about fixing this? As far as I can tell, the script is doing everything right in parsing the page and sending the (completely valid) poster URL back to PVD... PVD itself handles the actual downloading of the image, and that's where this particular URL breaks it. (Changing the Preferences/Plugins option to forbid the script from overwriting the movie poster won't help, as PVD still tries to download the image regardless of this setting, as long as the script passes it a valid URL.)

For now, I'm just going to enter all the movie information (including the poster) manually for this title. But, I think there needs to be some kind of sanity check in PVD's internal HTTP-download routines to prevent an infinite loop like this from happening?

Aimhere

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 08:21:52 pm »
Could you PM me the Title, so I can test and fix the problem?
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

anything