Author Topic: Downloading multiple pages (script)  (Read 7182 times)

Offline duke97

• View Profile
Downloading multiple pages (script)
« on: August 08, 2009, 04:23:21 am »
Thanks for such a great application! I've searched the whole web for movie cataloging applications but none of them was up to my need, but PVD. The three reasons, that sets PVD stands out of the crowd are i) Great Scripting, ii) Unlimited Poster, iii) Customized fields, iv) It's Free!

But am currently having a problem for developing a new script... I have got all the information needed from the main page, but the posters location it set to another page with about 5/6 posters. how could I parse that another page and pass those location to the download function?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:02:28 am by rick.ca »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Help me Developing a new Script!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:38:20 am »
Take a look at kinopoisk or allmovie script both of them download multiple pages...
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline duke97

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:13:36 pm »
Thanks, am studying that....!

Offline duke97

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:06:33 pm »
sorry to say but that didn't help, maybe I have faults on my side! Let me explain the problem.....

First I can select the particular movie from a movie-list.
Download all the data( Title, Year, cast, credits, Poster(ThumbSize)) needed from the main page, it also includes an address to the page where fullSize posters are located.
As per your suggestion I carefully studied the allmovie.psf script, though am not much into scripting but tried. Here in the array declaration every array element has a predefined value(smCast, smReview, smCredits...) , but how to supply an array/list to the "getDownloadURL" function when the number of posters in that particular page that I may collect with the while-do-begin-end instruction is unknown!

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 11:07:19 pm »
OK, in your situation (unknown amount of pages) you could just get the main info first and then
1. pass an url to the first poster to getDownloadURL function using a simple variable
2. get the poster
3. If there are more posters available set the variable from 1. To the url to the second poster; if no more posters available return prFinished in ParsePage function and set the variable from 1. to empty string (just to be sure)
4. Do step 2.

P.S. I assume you are writing a movie information script
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!