Author Topic: Batch Video Analysis  (Read 8734 times)

Offline pantamonkey

• View Profile
Batch Video Analysis
« on: May 09, 2009, 09:57:57 am »
Does anyone have any suggestions on programs for getting the specs on batches of video files?

The only things I have found are GSpot and Video Inspector http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?vtb. Neither one doesnt has all of the data I'm looking for, I would rather not have to import from a tool then to a spreadsheet to add data or move columns, then import to PVD.

I am working mainly with .avi and a few .mkv files.  I have at least 5TB I would like to catalog, I would be a lot more likely to try the project if there is an easy way to pull information in easily.

Thanks

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Batch Video Analysis
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:19:59 am »
I don't think there is any information in AVI files that won't be extracted when they are scanned by PVD. There could be in MKV files, but do you know what's there, and are you sure it's of any value? There's no point extracting information that will ultimately be replaced by better information.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 03:09:24 pm »
Please try the "Scan folders for new movies/changed paths" function from Tools menu.
It is recommended to use the latest beta as this feature is much more powerful there and can be configured in Tools -> Preferences -> File Scanner
PVD will automatically try to retrieve all possible information from the files.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline pantamonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:21:27 am »
That works great, I have not used PVD for a few versions, I didn realize it had a file scanning tool built in.

Thanks,
J