English > Scripts and Templates

Theater View Skin

(1/2) > >>

rick.ca:

--- Quote from: nostra on May 07, 2009, 11:33:57 am ---
--- Quote ---If I can get over my fear that I might be asked to explain how I did what I did, I'll post my own creation
--- End quote ---
You do not need to fear. I can explain such things if needed.

--- Quote ---obsessive trial and error
--- End quote ---
Sounds cool  ;D
--- End quote ---

I'm finished obsessing. Nostra will now explain my skin to anyone who cares. ;D

This has become my all-purpose skin. I tried to strike a balance between a theatre and desktop view so I wouldn't have to change skins. I regularly use the same monitor (22") for desktop and remote control video viewing (from about 10'). It's a compromise, but it works. I haven't used tabs because it's easier for remote viewing to scroll in one pane, and to expand/collapse all fields. I've programmed my remote to access menus and to set filters various ways.

The data comes from IMDb and a modified version of the AllMovies script. Category, studio, tags, description, review and most other custom fields are populated by AllMovies. The documentation for the script (at the link) indicates what goes where.

[attachment deleted by admin]

darichman:
Yoink

;)

rick.ca:
A little known urban fact... Yoinking also assumes all responsibility for maintenance. I look forward to your improvements. ;)

darichman:
Ah, but it's so near perfect as it is... ;D

Would be good to create multiple custom boxes for different types of fields... is that allowed?
I'll make like nostra and add this to my "to do" list ;)

nostra:
Nice work, Rick.

--- Quote ---Would be good to create multiple custom boxes for different types of fields... is that allowed?
--- End quote ---

Of course

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version