English > Support

upgrade advice

(1/3) > >>

phoenix:
i have downloaded a new version of the database, but i want to know wot i have to copy from the older version so i can get them to work ,
thanx

nostra:
Make a backup copy of your .pvd file (and images if they are not stored in the database) and install the new version. Normally, you do not need to do anything else.

rick.ca:
When installing a new beta, I'm very cautious—I backup my installation, configuration and data, and then install the new version to a different directory. This time, since 0.9.9.9 is "released," I threw caution to the wind and installed it "on top" of 0.9.9.8. It worked flawlessly—as it should. All I had to do was disable a few plugins and scripts I don't use.

Just to be clear, I always backup my database and configuration prior to installing any new version. I prefer to backup the database by making a copy of it in Explorer, since this is faster and not dependent on the program for restoring it. Note the configuration file (pvdconf.ini) is saved the Windows "application data" directory.

Joe.au:
I have just downloaded the latest PVD 0.9.9.10, saved it and then installed.  However it does not appear to have done anything.  I can still see version 0.9.9.9.  I thought it was to quick to have installed anything.  I have tried it twice now and Windows Vista Home Premium ( Which is what I am running) tells me that the program did not seem to install correctly and if I would like to install it again with the settings required -  I said yes and nothing happened.  Any suggestions please.

rick.ca:
It's not you (or me!). Something is wrong with the files that were posted. I'm afraid we'll have to wait for nostra to finish his damn sleep.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version