Author Topic: Auto add people  (Read 6186 times)

Offline hqt99

• View Profile
Auto add people
« on: June 17, 2009, 04:02:30 am »
I very much dislike forums, so if this has been suggested before then I am sorry for repeating.

I would first like to start this off with this software is amazing, I have been trying to make a nice looking and easy to use list for my movie collection. I have tried many things including but not limited to excel, access, open office, and getting a friend to make me software. But nothing has come even close to what you have here and even if nothing at all is changed in this I will surely be making a donation as soon as I can do so.

That being said you ask for suggestions and the only two I can think of are;

It would be nice to have an option to be able to auto import all the people that are connected to your movie(s) either with a button or when it gets the information from your desired site. I would like my list to be totally comprehensive and have the option to get all the actors and or the directors, etc..

The second would be FTP support, to allow this software to connect to a FTP server and update with out having to use other software i.e. FileZilla, BulletProof, etc.. To update your personal website automatically would be a dream.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:06:51 am by hqt99 »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Auto add people
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 04:30:20 am »
I very much dislike forums...

Welcome anyway! ;)

It would be nice to have an option to be able to auto import all the people that are connected to your movie(s)

Others have asked. It would make the download process too slow. It's much more efficient to select the people in need of an update (from people view) and run a batch update. You'll probably find this is best done periodically—possibly as an overnight task (even a modest database can have many thousands of people).

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Auto add people
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 11:07:52 am »
The second would be FTP support, to allow this software to connect to a FTP server and update with out having to use other software i.e. FileZilla, BulletProof, etc.. To update your personal website automatically would be a dream.

You mean as an addition to the export plugin? Maybe, one day such functionality will be there. (a couple of users have suggested this already)
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

anything