Author Topic: Birth and Death dates not being imported  (Read 6253 times)

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
Birth and Death dates not being imported
« on: June 10, 2009, 04:18:04 pm »
I can't seem to import dates for the Birth and Death fields. From a list of abot 100 peole I found only three records containing this informatin. And all of these were at the top of the list. Evidently, this is where this part of the import stopped working.

I tried entering the dates from the keyboard, but they will not stick. I have checked the configuration for this plugin and it has not changed. All the boxes are shaded. I even tried checking these boxes. I also copied this plugin from an eariler version to the plugin directory, thinking the file may have been corrupted, but this did not work.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Birth and Death dates not being imported
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:19:17 pm »
I can't seem to import dates for the Birth and Death fields.

Please check if the birth/death dates you're expecting actually exist on IMDb. If so, post some examples so we can see what might be happening. Also, run PVD with the -debug switch so it will record a log of what the plugin is doing. You can view the log at any time (even as it is being updated) by selecting it from the Help menu.

I tried entering the dates from the keyboard, but they will not stick.

This is not normal, but has nothing to do with the plugin. Are you sure you're in edit mode when attempting to enter the dates?

All the boxes are shaded. I even tried checking these boxes.

Unless you need to protect changes to the data you have made, they should be checked rather than shaded. If they're not, you won't be able to update the information by running the plugin again.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:20:34 pm »
Which version of the program are using?
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Two Wire

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:13:54 pm »
Thanks for the help guys. I got it working. You're responses got me looking a little deeper and this is what I found.

I ran the debug script as rick.ca suggested and, as I was looking through it, I noticed that ver. 0.9.9.9 was installed. I had downloaded the latest version and thought that is what I was running. I guess I re-installed ver. 0.9.9.9 on top of itself. Anyway, I installed the current version and now it is working properly.

I think those Birth and Date fields which were correctly populated was done before the install,
so probably the re-instalation of the same version corroupted something. It is strange, however,
that only those two fields were rejecting the contect, even when I tried to enter it manualy in edit mode.

I realize you two have a lot more important things to do as you work towards your goal of improving the best
program of its type "out there," but I do appreciate you efforts.

This is a great community.  ;D

I realize you two have a lot more important things to do as you work towards your goal of improving the best
program of its type "out there," but I do appreciate you efforts.

anything