Author Topic: PVD crashes during zelluloid import filter  (Read 13682 times)

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
PVD crashes during zelluloid import filter
« on: June 27, 2009, 01:47:29 am »
I switched from v.9.9.4 to 9.9.11 (winxp)

When I use my old database (about 550 mov) and try to ad some movie information with the zelluloid import plugin my pvd doesnt react anymore and I have to kill it over the task manager. Does anybody have a idea what could cause the problem?!
Or could anybody explain to me how I can fix the database? ...At least I am pretty shure that the database is causing the problem because when I create a new one and ad a movie there are no prob. with the zelluloid plugin.
thx

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: PVD crashes during zelluloid import filter
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 01:51:11 am »
Do you get any error messages?
Are you able to edit movies manually?
Can you send me the database?
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 02:11:44 am »
I dont get any error messages PVD just freezes, I can edit movies manualy without any problem, the only other problem I noticed was that during the standard import over Amazon(de) Poster Plugin I was questioned two times to ad a movie and in the end PVD added the movie twice in to the database but only one entry had a path to the file location and the OFDb description. I think it happened because I didnt check the boxes in the first turn and just confirmed the poster with a dubble click.

... I send you the database via mail.

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 02:15:14 am »
I forgot.. during the freeze PVD consumes the performance of one of my processors upto 100%

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 02:54:32 am »
the only other problem I noticed was that during the standard import over Amazon(de) Poster Plugin I was questioned two times to ad a movie and in the end PVD added the movie twice in to the database but only one entry had a path to the file location and the OFDb description.

This is not specific to 0.9.9.11 or your database, I have noticed the same thing with 0.9.9.10 & I think earlier versions. Have not worked out a pattern but when adding a batch it only occurs on some movies so I suspected it was an interaction with imdb or AllMovie.com

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 02:55:08 pm »
the only other problem I noticed was that during the standard import over Amazon(de) Poster Plugin I was questioned two times to ad a movie and in the end PVD added the movie twice in to the database but only one entry had a path to the file location and the OFDb description.

This is not specific to 0.9.9.11 or your database, I have noticed the same thing with 0.9.9.10 & I think earlier versions. Have not worked out a pattern but when adding a batch it only occurs on some movies so I suspected it was an interaction with imdb or AllMovie.com

patch, if you can reproduce the problem, please provide a log file (you know, the one created with -debug).

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 03:28:36 pm »
It seems to be a problem in zelluloid producing an endless loop. I have not written the script, so It can take some time to make it functional again...

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 05:50:40 pm »
so why isnt it happening with a new database..  ???  dont like to requerry all the information and Picutures for a new database over the Internet ..is there any possiblity to export the hole database including pictures and reimport them into a new database? I looked over the Export formats but I could find one that matches the requirements.
...or does somebody have an idea how to fix the database?

Thx

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 11:31:41 pm »
ok I see there are enough export templates but I think its not going to work properly because of my sequels with episodes.. and the reimport  :(

But I think I could locate at least one problem there seems to be a problem with communication between scripts and PVD. PVD doesnt tell the omport scripts that the title of the movie does alredy exist or that the movie was successfully added.
I noticed, that if the filename differs a little from the original name of the movie in the internet database, the script writes a second entry with the exact movie name of the Iinternet database (same problem like Patch has).
And if I change the import script in the "Scan folders for new movies" function to the zelluloid script I get the error, that I have at least to submit a title or original title (I sent a bug report).
That problem would also explain the loop which I expirienced.. the zelluloid plugin doesnt get a feedback that the movie was added successfully and runs again and again and again  ::)

..its a pretty simple guess but I dont have a clue of databases so you have to decide if that could be the problem
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:36:13 pm by seabass »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 11:26:37 am »
The problems seems to be not database related, but movie related... The database works just fine and there is no need to repair it or smth, just wait for a fixed script or use another one.
The file scanner is very flexible in configuration, so if you have problems detecting the right titles zou should consider change the regular expressions used or switch on-off one of the scanner smart options.
The loop has nothing to do with file scanner as well it just a bad written parsing routine in the script that produces endless loops if it needs to parse HTML code of certain type.

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 12:59:32 am »
Ok you are right with the zelluloid script sorry for that ;) it does also not work in my 9.9.4 version either.

But the problem with the dubble entrys after using OFDB import plugin did obviously not exist in the version 9.9.4 and it occures always wenn the original title differs from the searchterm (created by the filename), then the script runs twice, you have to confirm a second time the poster and a second entry is created with the original title in the headline.
For example the movie "Gib dem Affen Zucker" original title "Innamorato pazzo". If I use PVD 9.9.4, the original title and the german title creats each only one entry in the PVD.
If I use PVD 9.9.11, "Gib dem Affen Zucker" creates two entrys ("Gib dem Affen Zucker" and "Innamorato pazzo") but if I use "Innamorato pazzo" only one entry is created.

So sadly none of the german import filters is working right now correctly.. if I had the expertise I would try to fix it myself because PVD ist still the best video managment tool I ever found ::) but I dont have it and so I count on some body in this forum.

Thx in advance
...And MUCHAS GRACIAS AGAIN Nostra and rick.ca for all the time you spend for creating this great software.

..by the way Im using the portable version of PVD 9.9.11 if that matters.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:04:10 am by seabass »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 02:23:38 am »
I managed confirmed this behaviour, sort of. I created the file Gib dem Affen Zucker.avi and Scanned folders... In the scan results dialog, I selected Automatically import... Movie information from OFDB. The search successfully found (only) Innamorato pazzo, which I confirmed. It then added two records. The strange thing is, I was only able to do this once. After Ctrl-Deleting the movies, and trying again, it worked correctly.

I think the work-around for this is to deselect Automatically import... Movie information from OFDB, and run the plugin after the file has been added.

...And MUCHAS GRACIAS AGAIN Nostra and rick.ca for all the time you spend for creating this great software.

You're welcome, but nostra is the sole creator. I'm just a hapless user he's locked in his bunker—forced to answer your questions while keeping an eye on the doomsday machine.  ;D

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 11:13:12 pm »
Well, I could not reproduce the problem with duplicates :( Could you post your pvdconf.ini located in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\%USERNAME%\Anwendungsdaten\Personal Video Database\"

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 06:56:04 pm »
I sent you the file..

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 07:11:28 pm »
I send you a second file.. wasnt sure about the first one, the second one is for sure from the data folder of my portable PVD

Offline homo bavaricus

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 08:58:19 pm »
I have the same problem with my database (containing 406 movies). Program freezes by trying to get movie data from Zelluloid. If there is more than one entry, I can choose one, and then it freezes.

I've tried the same movie in a new empty database and it also freezes.

OFDB works, but there often are no hits.

If I can help solving the problem by giving more information, let me know.

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 09:38:11 pm »
as Nostra already sad the zelluloid plugin is buggy ... what means dont use it or repare it an post a new workin version here.

...the Problem with the ofdb plugin can in most cases be solved by giving the right filename for ex. in stead of "The Others" better "Others, The" OFDB doesn't like "Der/Die/Das ...ect." in the begining of the Moviename.
or if it does not work with the import plugin search for the movie manualy in OFDB copy the URL to the feeld URL in you movie database entry and rerun the import.. that should work ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 09:40:05 pm by seabass »

Offline homo bavaricus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 08:47:06 pm »
Thank you seabass for the info about not using a definite article with OFDB. Now I get more hits.
Nevertheless I would be happy when the Zelluloid-filter once will work again.

Offline seabass

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 03:03:06 pm »
--> updated zelluloid script in the script section of the forum enjoy.
http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1033.0

Offline homo bavaricus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »
Works great!    :D