English > Support

Old Database Does Not Work

(1/13) > >>

rick.ca:

--- Quote from: moxley on July 02, 2009, 06:00:22 am ---I have recently downloaded your new version of personal video database but when I install the program it will not load in my old data base from version 0.9.8.20 which means I have to do the whole database again.Could you please fix this problem :'( :'(
--- End quote ---

Welcome, moxley.

I'm assuming you didn't intend to post this in Solved Issues. The support here is good, but not that good. ;)

The current version of the program is designed to convert 0.9.8.20 databases for it's use. Please describe exactly how you are attempting to open the database, and what is happening. If you haven't done so already, make a backup of your database first.

moxley:
 The Same Way I always open the database but every time I open version 0.9.8.20 it gives me an error message then tells me it cannot open the database and  I have over 700 DVD's In that database and I really do not want to restart doing the whole database again unless it is completely nesescery

rick.ca:
Just to be clear: You're running version 0.9.9.11. With the File - Open dialog, you select the database file created with version 0.9.8.20. That causes an error message to appear. Does it contain any information beyond the fact it cannot open the database?

nostra:
Post the exact text of the error message, please.

moxley:
 I cannot tell you precisely what it reads but the error code is 31 the other stuff is in gobble de gook :'( The other error box reads File is not a valid database Connection Authorisation Failure Error Code 3 :'(. If You want me to I can attach my whole database to the next message and when you have time you can play with it and then tell me your solution as I realy don't want to start again especially with 745 videos to put back in

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version