Author Topic: Poster Import  (Read 9430 times)

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Poster Import
« on: July 05, 2009, 03:13:28 am »

Hi all, here are my two questions of the day:

1) Since a few of the last PVD releases, I lost a great Poster import plugin, and I can't recall what it was, I know it was russian, but it was the one that would find and display the nicest posters for the most obscure movies. Would you recall what it was and tell me if I can find it anywhere?

2) A more serious issue here: Even though I have unselected "silent mode" in the plugin preferences, when a poster import plugin (such as amazon.de for example) finds only one poster, it automatically replaces the one that was displayed in the information card. Is there an additional option I have to check in order to get the chance to visualise the poster before I add it to the information card?

Thanks for your help.

D.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Poster Import
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 01:02:32 pm »
1) Since a few of the last PVD releases, I lost a great Poster import plugin, and I can't recall what it was, I know it was russian, but it was the one that would find and display the nicest posters for the most obscure movies. Would you recall what it was and tell me if I can find it anywhere?

It was the Kinopisk plugin and it is still there as script. Check the scripts with a name in Cyrillic.

2) A more serious issue here: Even though I have unselected "silent mode" in the plugin preferences, when a poster import plugin (such as amazon.de for example) finds only one poster, it automatically replaces the one that was displayed in the information card. Is there an additional option I have to check in order to get the chance to visualise the poster before I add it to the information card?

You could try the "Always show selection list while importing information" in Preferences -> Miscellaneous
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 09:08:55 pm »
Thanks for your answer Nostra.
It looks like I haven't lost Kinopisk plugin, but it just does not seem to work properly anymore.
The problem seem to be with fonts, the script is unreadable and comes out with ???£""??!! instead of proper letters.

What is rather curious is that I get that on two different computers, an XP one and a Vista one, and none of them (seem to) have problems with fonts.
Would you know by any chance the font I am missing, so that I could install it?

Thanks for your assistance and time.

D.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 09:22:54 pm »
It's a general problem with scripts. The only thing you could do is to set Russian as a standard language for non-Unicode applications in Windows Regional settings. I do not think the problem with fonts can cause posters not loading...

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 08:50:49 am »

I did not have that "font rendering" problem with this script in older versions of PVD.

But you might be right, this might not cause the script not to work, so what will?
 I am testing the script, and while it used to find loads of posters (and the best ones according to my experience), it now does not find anything at all, for ANY film (I mean even for terminator).
 Have you tried it recently?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 11:29:12 am »
I did not have that "font rendering" problem with this script in older versions of PVD.

It was a plugin before...

I am testing the script, and while it used to find loads of posters (and the best ones according to my experience), it now does not find anything at all, for ANY film (I mean even for terminator).
 Have you tried it recently?

I always use it for posters and it works fine for me (tested yesterday). What version of the script do you have installed?

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 05:48:46 pm »
 I have installed the latest one I think, taken from the script package on the download page.
 Since I cannot read it (it comes in EéÉÉeéeéiiii characters), I assume it's the one finishing with ".ru"...?

I have just re-extracted the scripts to the script folder just in case, and it still doesn't work. All other scripts do work.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:56:18 pm by deazo »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 07:32:32 pm »
Could you please prove the exact script version from Tools -> Preferences -> Plugins

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 08:19:34 pm »
 This is version I'm using: 0.2.1.0 (see screenshot)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:45:01 pm by deazo »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 11:11:40 am »
It is the last version. Seems like it really would no work if you do not do this (have you tried it already?)

The only thing you could do is to set Russian as a standard language for non-Unicode applications in Windows Regional settings. I do not think the problem with fonts can cause posters not loading...

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 02:20:13 pm »

I just did your suggestion, it fixed the font problem (see screen) but the script still does not work.
 I have manually deleted it from the script folder, replaced with the latest one. No luck...
 Heeeeelp...

[attachment deleted by admin]

anything