Author Topic: Accessing PVD data  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Dantidus

• View Profile
Accessing PVD data
« on: July 09, 2009, 01:26:02 am »
Hi!

I don't know if anyone asked this before. If so, i am sorry.

First of all, i love PVD. It is the most complete application out there and it is free. I thank nostra for that.  :)

I am thinking about writing (in a near future) an application that needs to access PVD data. This application would be external to PVD.
I want to know if:

a) There is any documentation available (table diagrams?) or any api (stored procedures?) to directly access the pvd database.
b) Is there a simple way to write an export plugin? If so, can it be written in any other language than delphi (like c# or java)?

I don't need an urgent answer, as i am just planning to start this in the end of July, but i would appreciate any possible help.

Thanks

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Accessing PVD data
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:57:36 pm »
a) There is any documentation available (table diagrams?) or any api (stored procedures?) to directly access the pvd database.

I'll provide any information you need. The are some discussions on this topic on the forum, but nothing complete.
I recommend you to start with getting an application to work with Firebird databases, connect to one of the databases and take a look at the structure and such.

b) Is there a simple way to write an export plugin? If so, can it be written in any other language than delphi (like c# or java)?

Plugins can be written in pretty any language that can produce dynamic linked libraries. I will try to provide a manual on writing export plugin as soon as possible.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Dantidus

• View Profile
Re: Accessing PVD data
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 10:25:44 pm »
Thanks for your feedback, nostra.

As soon as i have some free time, i will try to explore the firebird databases.