Author Topic: make pvd search ofdb.de AND imdb.com automatically  (Read 4722 times)

Offline assailant

• View Profile
make pvd search ofdb.de AND imdb.com automatically
« on: August 05, 2009, 06:57:00 pm »
Hi!

I'd like to make PVD search both ofdb.de AND imdb.com automatically for information of a new movie file because I'd like to see the different ratings from those two sites.

Is there any way I can do that? And also if yes, can I tell pvd not to download everything from imdb.com but only the rating? All the other details from ofdb.de are enough for me :)

thx in advance for your help!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: make pvd search ofdb.de AND imdb.com automatically
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 07:36:10 pm »
Welcome, assailant.

Yes, you can run any combination of plugins and scripts using a batch file. The structure of batch files is simple, for example...

Code: [Select]
NAME=IMDB+Allmovie
DESC=Get movie information from IMDB.com and AllMovie.com
TYPE=2
EXECUTE=imdb.dll|allmovie.psf

...is one of the default ones provided. Put your batch file in the Plugins directory, and it will appear in the Import menu the next time the program is started.

When using more than one source, you have to configure which has priority on a field level. This is done using the Overwrite fields... setting for each plugin/script in Preferences. Each field can be set to be overwritten, added only if there's nothing there already, or ignored.

I'm not 100% sure how this works, but I think the way to get the result you want is to de-select all fields for the IMDb plugin—so it will only get IMDb rating. Select all fields for OFDb—including Additional rating.

anything