Author Topic: Can't change the country when multiple editing  (Read 5226 times)

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Can't change the country when multiple editing
« on: July 21, 2009, 08:32:50 am »

Hi all,

well my problem is in the title, I select a few movies to change "france" to "France" (because of the "f" they get separated in a different country group) and the editing does not do anything, "france" stays "france".
Can anyone test on his side to see if that works, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm on XP using the lates build of PVD (0.9.9.11)

Thanks!

D.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Can't change the country when multiple editing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:29:51 am »
There seems to some odd behaviour around this. It seems to have something to do with the fact this is a list field, and the program is ignoring the case. Note the list of values is in Preferences - Lists. This is so you can change the values directly, without having to edit individual records. You should be able to fix your problem by selecting "france" (look at the end of the list—lower case comes after upper) and renaming it to "France."

Part of what I find odd is the "Ignore case" checkbox in Preferences. I can't figure out what it does. I was unable to add "france" to my list (because "France" already exists) whether this was checked or not. I had to add "franceX" and then rename this to "france." When editing movies, however, it makes no difference to select "france"—"France" is always displayed. All this, of course, is just a curiousity. There is only one France, and I don't want "france" in my database. But I'm left wondering what this checkbox is for. ???

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Can't change the country when multiple editing
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 02:01:37 pm »
But I'm left wondering what this checkbox is for. Huh

To be honest, I have forgotten to implement this option properly  :-[ Thx for the info, Rick.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!