English > Support

Filters No Poster Bug

(1/4) > >>

pencilhead:
Hi,
I am a new user to PVD and coming to terms with it.
There seems to be a bug with the "No Posters" filter.
I am filtering my list with "No posters" set.
It is filtering out single movies that have a poster ok but not series. ie. those that have a + next to them.
If I click on top level entry of series, the poster is displayed.

Also - Not sure if this is a bug or a wish list, but....
I have imported a large No of movies from excel ok.
I am now going through importing posters (this process could use some automation by the way),
When the popup with choice of posters appears, the main PVD window is not selectable.

I would like to be able to find and select the movie in main screen so I can then choose the most appropriate poster to download.

Still comming to terms with this program, but so far seems very nice.

Cheers
PH

nostra:

--- Quote ---I am a new user to PVD and coming to terms with it.
There seems to be a bug with the "No Posters" filter.
I am filtering my list with "No posters" set.
It is filtering out single movies that have a poster ok but not series. ie. those that have a + next to them.
If I click on top level entry of series, the poster is displayed.
--- End quote ---

Maybe you have no posters for episodes in a series, so teh series itself must be shown, so you can access the episodes without poster.

--- Quote ---Also - Not sure if this is a bug or a wish list, but....
I am now going through importing posters (this process could use some automation by the way),
When the popup with choice of posters appears, the main PVD window is not selectable.

I would like to be able to find and select the movie in main screen so I can then choose the most appropriate poster to download.
--- End quote ---

It is meant to be like this. You have Title, Original Title and Year of the movie on the top of the dialog. What information do you need to select a proper poster???

pencilhead:

--- Quote from: nostra on July 24, 2009, 02:09:59 pm ---Maybe you have no posters for episodes in a series, so teh series itself must be shown, so you can access the episodes without poster.

--- End quote ---

If I select a series in the left hand pane, a poster picture appears in the right hand pane.
This is with "No Poster" filter selected. Is this not a poster?
NB: There are no posters for individual seasons/episodes beneath the main series name.
Do people want posters for every single season/ episode of just top level one. (I'm not that fussy, I just want the top level and to be able to filter on it :) )

--- Quote from: pencilhead on July 24, 2009, 12:07:44 pm ---

It is meant to be like this. You have Title, Original Title and Year of the movie on the top of the dialog. What information do you need to select a proper poster???

--- End quote ---

I have a list of say 50 movies in left hand pane, which has information from IMDB but no posters.
I have selected all of these movies and I am importing posters for them.
Each time it gets results a popup with thumbnail choices appears. ( I do not have that particular movie selected in left hand pane - so I don't have details about it ).
The problem is that if I am unsure what the movie is, I can't find and select it in left hand pane while the popup with thumbnails is visible. I could use actors or plot details etc to match the poster.

Cheers
PH

rick.ca:

--- Quote ---If I select a series in the left hand pane, a poster picture appears in the right hand pane.
This is with "No Poster" filter selected. Is this not a poster?
--- End quote ---

The series itself must be shown, so you can access the episodes without a poster.

--- Quote ---Do people want posters for every single season/ episode of just top level one.
--- End quote ---

Yes, some of us are that fussy. It's obviously more important the filter works the way it does than to apply only to the series records. Do you have so many series you need a filter to find those without a poster?

--- Quote ---The problem is that if I am unsure what the movie is, I can't find and select it in left hand pane while the popup with thumbnails is visible. I could use actors or plot details etc to match the poster.
--- End quote ---

It depends on the poster source and the movie, but the popup normally includes 2 - 3 different posters for the movie in question, often followed by several more somehow caught in the search, but for different movies. It's usually safe to assume the first few posters are for the correct movie. Investigating whether or not this is true is pointless—you may not be able to tell from the thumbnail anyway. It's more efficient to make the choice as quickly as possible (maybe selecting more than one), and then review the results when the whole batch is finished. You're not happy with the result for a particular movie, you can then decide whether to try the same source again, use an alternate plugin, or do a manual search.

pencilhead:

--- Quote from: rick.ca on July 25, 2009, 04:50:48 am ---Yes, some of us are that fussy. It's obviously more important the filter works the way it does than to apply only to the series records. Do you have so many series you need a filter to find those without a poster?

--- End quote ---

LOL - It is a minor annoyance while I am importing all my stuff from another Database.
I can get around it by filtering on only movies only as well as no posters. No bigie...

--- Quote ---It depends on the poster source and the movie, but the popup normally includes 2 - 3 different posters for the movie in question, often followed by several more somehow caught in the search, but for different movies. It's usually safe to assume the first few posters are for the correct movie. Investigating whether or not this is true is pointless—you may not be able to tell from the thumbnail anyway. It's more efficient to make the choice as quickly as possible (maybe selecting more than one), and then review the results when the whole batch is finished. You're not happy with the result for a particular movie, you can then decide whether to try the same source again, use an alternate plugin, or do a manual search.

--- End quote ---

This one is quite important and has happened quite a few times while I have been importing movies. (enough to make me want to let you know about it  ;) ) I disagree that it is pointless. You can usually (9times out of 10) tell if the poster is the right one by comparing poster to actors or by comparing poster against description. Going back to fix it is quite time consuming. It would be much more efficient to have the main program not locked out while thumbnail popup is showing. If you are unsure if poster is correct one you can then select the movie so you can read information about it. This would allow a more informed choice of poster at the time. Having to remember which movies to review at the end of a batch is again difficult.

Cheers
PH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version