Author Topic: No poster download  (Read 22085 times)

pencilhead

Re: No poster download
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 09:35:43 am »
Hi nostra,

I noticed the extracted dll for imdb has a date modified stamp of 1/07/2009. This matches the one I am overwriting.
The others (amazon ones) have new datestamp.
Version IMDB is reporting is .0901 is this correct.

edit
amazon.dll has datestamp of 21/06/2009.
amazonde.dll, amazonfr.dll, amazonuk.dll have a datestamp of 28/07/2009

My Bad..
Looks like work was cacheing an earlier download

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 11:44:56 am »
I noticed the extracted dll for imdb has a date modified stamp of 1/07/2009. This matches the one I am overwriting.

Sometimes clearing browser cache solves such problems.

The download page has has not been updated to indicate the correct version and release date for the Plain Text export plugin, but the file is the updated version (0.6.0.1).

Oh, I have forgotten this one, thx for the info

Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 11:49:02 am »
I notice the amazon.com plugin still does nothing in Silent Mode, with or without Download all available images set. I'm expecting it to download the first poster, although I don't recall if it ever did this. What is it supposed to do?

It actually never did. The problem here was the fact that search results always contain some posters not related to a movie the plugin is looking for.
In general: poster plugins only download images in silent mode if "Download all available images" is checked
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

pencilhead

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 01:43:11 pm »

Sometimes clearing browser cache solves such problems.

No tried that. My work caches/proxies everything

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 07:32:34 pm »
In general: poster plugins only download images in silent mode if "Download all available images" is checked.

Just to be clear, that's not working.

It actually never did [download the first poster]. The problem here was the fact that search results always contain some posters not related to a movie the plugin is looking for.

In the case of Amazon, the first search results page (I'm assuming this is where the plugin gets the thumbnails) normally places exact matches at the top of the page, and—there only being a few of these—the rest of the results are for box, sets, collections, or related movies. So Download all available images typically gets 6 - 8 posters, only 2 - 3 of which are correct. The efficiency of Silent Mode is outweighed by the need to delete the unwanted posters. I think it would be much better if Download all available images were replaced with the option to download the first N posters on the results page. I might then use Silent Mode with that set at 2 or 3, and be very confident I would get the best available poster, without too many unwanted ones.

anything