Author Topic: problem with "similiar entry found" while adding new master ...  (Read 5061 times)

Offline JohnDough

• User
    • View Profile
hi there,
me again :)

this time a reproducible bug while adding a new movie master:

based on the file name (in this case "hamlet") pvd announces that a similiar entry exists and offers to overwrite it or add a new entry.
I go for new entry.
the imdb plugin says "no movie found". (according to the status line the search string is empty)
then comes the posterimport from impawards which offers me totally random posters. (I guess once again empty search string)
when I go for "skip" no movie is added.
when I choose some random poster I get an error msg.
the "save error" and "send error" windows both look the same - and the only active button is "cancel".
the "show error" shows "title or original title must be set".
I could do a mosaic of screenshots for the other error log tabs if that's of any help.

I experienced that only in .11 yet - and for each instance when a "similiar entry" was found.

any idea?

thanks!

best,
j

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:27:38 am by JohnDough »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: problem with "similiar entry found" while adding new master ...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 02:44:11 am »
It sounds like the duplicate checking routines that were added ~ 0.9.9.6. If you're interested, there's a discussion about how they might be improved here (starting at end of this message). In the meantime, my solution is to disable them at Preferences - Miscellaneous - Adding Records.