Author Topic: Difficulty importing a TV Show/Series (others work)  (Read 11084 times)

Offline RedDunce

• View Profile
Difficulty importing a TV Show/Series (others work)
« on: August 11, 2009, 12:27:15 am »
Hi. I'd like to thank everyone here for their support and for helping to develop such a wonderful program. My issue lies in the fact that I'm having a ton of difficulty importing a TV show called Burn Notice.

As you can see from this screenshot, even though I have my Burn Notice folder organized into Season 1, Season 2, and Season 3, it fails to group them as a single show. It calls the show "Burn Notice S0# E". When I run the IMDB plugin on Season 1 (Burn Notice S01 E), it works perfectly. However, when I try with Burn Notice S02 E or S03 E, it just repeats itself as if it's season 1 (probably because of the #1.1). As you can see from the import screenshot, all of the files are properly named. I want to know what I can do in order to get an entry similar to what I have for Breaking Bad like this:
Burn Notice [2007]
->Season 1 [11]
--->#1.1
--->#1.2, etc.
->Season 2 [16]
--->#2.1
--->#2.2, etc.
->Season 3 [9]
--->#3.1
--->#3.2, etc.

I could then run the IMDB plugin, and everything would work perfectly.

Please help me use this wonderful program to organize my TV series!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:29:57 am by RedDunce »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Difficulty importing a TV Show/Series (others work)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:35:42 am »
You will need to edit regular expressions in tools -> preferences -> file scanner to suit your needs.
If you do not know how to do this, then post a full path inluding file name and extension to your video files and I'' help you with the expression.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline RedDunce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:45:06 am »
Here is a list of all of the files I want to be added properly:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E01_[Pilot].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E02_[Identity].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E03_[Fight.or.Flight].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E04_[Old.Friends].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E05_[Family.Business].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E06_[Unpaid.Debts].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E07_[Broken.Rules].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E08_[Wanted.Man].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E09_[Hard.Bargain].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E10_[False.Flag].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E11_[Loose.Ends].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E01_[Breaking.and.Entering].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E02_[Turn.and.].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E03_[Trust.Me].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E04_[Comrades].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E05_[Scatter.Point].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E06_[Bad.Blood].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E07_[Rough.Seas].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E08_[Double.Booked].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E09_[Good.Soldier].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E10_[Do.No.Harm].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E11_[Hot.Spot].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E12_[Seek.and.Destroy].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E13_[Bad.Breaks].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E14_[Truth.and.Reconciliation].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E15_[Sins.of.Omission].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E16_[Lesser.Evil].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E01_[Friends.and.Family].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E02_[Question.and.Answer].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E03_[End.Run].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E04_[Fearless.Leader].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E05_[Signals.and.Codes].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E06_[The.Hunter].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E07_[Shot.In.The.Dark].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E08_[Friends.Like.These].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E09_[Long.Way.Back].avi
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:50:57 am by RedDunce »

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 12:24:08 pm »
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E01_[Breaking.and.Entering].avi
See http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1168.0

The standard regex expressions use the file name not the path and do not allow any character between series "S02" and episode "E01"
Solutions to both are given in the above topic. I think the entry you want is
Code: [Select]
(?i)^.*\\(?P<title>[^\\]*)\\Season (?P<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\[^\\]*?\bs([0-9]{1,2})[ .x]{0,2}e(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,2})\b[ .-]*(?P<epititle>[^\\]*)$
Note
1) The part in bold allows a space, period, or character "x" between series "S02" and episode "E01"
s([0-9]{1,2})[ .x]{0,2}e(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,2})\b

2) The early part of this regex takes the series name and season number from the file path "\Burn Notice\Season 2\" rather than the usual file name
\\(?P<title>[^\\]*)\\Season (?P<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\
Which matches the following series of elements
A "\" character followed by
Any number of character not a "\", storing this in the variable <title> followed by
The string "Season " followed by
A 1 or 2 digit number, which is stored in the <season> variable, followed by
A "\" character
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:31:06 pm by patch »

Offline RedDunce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 01:44:14 pm »
See http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1168.0

The standard regex expressions use the file name not the path and do not allow any character between series "S02" and episode "E01"
Solutions to both are given in the above topic. I think the entry you want is
(?i)^.*\\(?P<title>[^\\]*)\\Season (?P<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\[^\\]*?\bs([0-9]{1,2})[ .x]{0,2}e(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,2})\b[ .-]*(?P<epititle>[^\\]*)$
Note
1) The part in bold allows a space, period, or character "x" between series "S02" and episode "E01"
s([0-9]{1,2})[ .x]{0,2}e(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,2})\b

2) The early part of this regex takes the series name and season number from the file path "\Burn Notice\Season 2\" rather than the usual file name
\\(?P<title>[^\\]*)\\Season (?P<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\
Which matches the following series of elements
Any number of character not a "\", storing this in the variable <title> followed by
The string "Season " followed by
A 1 or 2 digit number, which is stored in the <season> variable, followed by
A "\" character

This didn't work. I accidentally deleted some of my default REGEXP's, and now no TV series work at all. Could you help me restore them?

Also, this didn't really work. At all. I kept getting Burn Notice S01E, but it also happened for Breaking Bad.

I've tried renaming all of my Burn Notice episodes to remove the period between S# and the E# in the names. Could you help me?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 08:06:11 pm »
I accidentally deleted some of my default REGEXP's, and now no TV series work at all. Could you help me restore them?

Following is the File Scanner section of a default configuration. You can use this to replace the necessary lines (probably just the RegExp= line) of the pvdconf.ini file in your Application Data folder.

I've tried renaming all of my Burn Notice episodes to remove the period between S# and the E# in the names. Could you help me?

I suggest you read the topic patch provided a link to. Even if someone provides you with a regex that works for this particular filename pattern, it won't help much if you use different a different pattern for other series. You're going to have to decide how your files are going to be named, and then provide a set of regex that will work with that. The filenames don't have to be perfectly consistent, just consistent enough for the regex you provide.

[FileScanner]
ScanFolders=
Extensions=.avi;.divx;.mpg;.mpeg;.ifo;.vob;.mov;.vid;.mp4;.mkv;.dat;.ts;.rm;.rmvb;.wmv;.iso;.img;.ogm;.m2ts;.m2v;.m1v;.mpv;.mpgv;.qt;.flv
ScanOnStart=0
SmartEpisodes=1
SmartDiscs=1
SmartDVD=1
RegExps="(?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)(s|\b)(?P<season>[0-9]{1,3})e(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,3}) (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*).?-.?(?P<season>[0-9]{1,3})x(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,3}).?-.?(?P<eptitle>\w*\b) (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)\\(DISC|DISK|DVD).?\d?\\VIDEO_TS\\.*\..* (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)\\VIDEO_TS\\.*\..* (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)\\(VIDEO_TS|vts_\d\d_\d)\..* (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)\\(DISC|DISK).?\d?\\BDMV\\STREAM\\.*\..* (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)\\BDMV\\STREAM\\.*\..* (?i)^.+\\(?P<title>[^\\]+)[^\\]+(?P<year>(19|2\d)\d{2}) (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)\\.{0,2}\..{3,4} (?i)^.*\\(?P<title>.*)\..* "
FindExps="(?i).?((?<!\b).){0,5}Rip (?i)\bCD\d{1,2}\b (?i)\brus\b (?i)\ben\b (?i)\w?((?<!_)\w)+\.((ru)|(com)|(org)|(tv)|(ws))\b (\(|\[)$ \[.*\]|\(.*\) (\s|-|\)|\]|\.|_)*$ \.|_ "
RepWithExps=" "
IgnoreExps=""
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:57:30 pm by rick.ca »

Offline RedDunce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 03:18:29 am »
Thank you so much. <3 this program!

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 11:28:54 pm »
Here is a list of all of the files I want to be added properly:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E01_[Pilot].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E02_[Identity].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E03_[Fight.or.Flight].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E04_[Old.Friends].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E05_[Family.Business].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E06_[Unpaid.Debts].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E07_[Broken.Rules].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E08_[Wanted.Man].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E09_[Hard.Bargain].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E10_[False.Flag].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E11_[Loose.Ends].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E02_[Turn.and.].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E03_[Trust.Me].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E04_[Comrades].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E05_[Scatter.Point].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E06_[Bad.Blood].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E07_[Rough.Seas].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E08_[Double.Booked].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E09_[Good.Soldier].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E10_[Do.No.Harm].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E11_[Hot.Spot].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E12_[Seek.and.Destroy].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E13_[Bad.Breaks].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E14_[Truth.and.Reconciliation].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E15_[Sins.of.Omission].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E16_[Lesser.Evil].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E01_[Friends.and.Family].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E02_[Question.and.Answer].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E03_[End.Run].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E04_[Fearless.Leader].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E05_[Signals.and.Codes].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E06_[The.Hunter].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E07_[Shot.In.The.Dark].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E08_[Friends.Like.These].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E09_[Long.Way.Back].avi

This expression should work:
(?i)^.*\\(?P<origtitle>.*)\.S(?P<season>[0-9]{1,3})\.E(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,3})_\[(?P<eptitle>.*)\]\..*

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 12:34:10 am »
(?i)^.*\\(?P<origtitle>.*)\.S(?P<season>[0-9]{1,3})\.E(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,3})_\[(?P<eptitle>.*)\]\..*
Mere mortals have to think about what such things mean. Here's my stab at it:

(?i) - case insensitive mode
^.*\\ - from the beginning of the string, match any character any number of times until "\"
(?P<origtitle>.*)\.S - match any character until ".S" and save it as <origtitle>
(?P<season>[0-9]{1,3})\.E - match a 1-3 digit number before ".E" and save it as <season>
(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,3})_\[ - match a 1-3 digit number before "_[" and save it as <episode>
(?P<eptitle>.*)\]\..* - match any character until "]." and save it as <eptitle>

That seems to make sense, except for the ^.*\\. Isn't that going to match the whole pathname up to the ".E" in the filename?

This is a good example of how a regex might be added to handle a particular form of filename, but will only work for that particular form. It's much more powerful and convenient to use a simpler file naming convention like <origtitle> S00 E00 <eptitle>.avi. Then everything can be recognized properly just by one regex finding the "S00 E00" part.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 01:12:12 am »
Mere mortals have to think about what such things mean. Here's my stab at it:

OK, Rick. You are a better teacher than me anyway  ;)

That seems to make sense, except for the ^.*\\. Isn't that going to match the whole pathname up to the ".E" in the filename?

No, why should it? It will match C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 01:36:38 am »
No, why should it?

It shouldn't. Duh! :-[

OK, Rick. You are a better teacher than me anyway

Maybe, there's someone around to correct me. ;)

This illustrates why I could never program my way out of a wet paper bag. I might understand one line of code (or one little piece of regex) at a time, but string three of them together, and I'm lost.

anything