English > Support

Difficulty importing a TV Show/Series (others work)

(1/3) > >>

RedDunce:
Hi. I'd like to thank everyone here for their support and for helping to develop such a wonderful program. My issue lies in the fact that I'm having a ton of difficulty importing a TV show called Burn Notice.

As you can see from this screenshot, even though I have my Burn Notice folder organized into Season 1, Season 2, and Season 3, it fails to group them as a single show. It calls the show "Burn Notice S0# E". When I run the IMDB plugin on Season 1 (Burn Notice S01 E), it works perfectly. However, when I try with Burn Notice S02 E or S03 E, it just repeats itself as if it's season 1 (probably because of the #1.1). As you can see from the import screenshot, all of the files are properly named. I want to know what I can do in order to get an entry similar to what I have for Breaking Bad like this:
Burn Notice [2007]
->Season 1 [11]
--->#1.1
--->#1.2, etc.
->Season 2 [16]
--->#2.1
--->#2.2, etc.
->Season 3 [9]
--->#3.1
--->#3.2, etc.

I could then run the IMDB plugin, and everything would work perfectly.

Please help me use this wonderful program to organize my TV series!

[attachment deleted by admin]

nostra:
You will need to edit regular expressions in tools -> preferences -> file scanner to suit your needs.
If you do not know how to do this, then post a full path inluding file name and extension to your video files and I'' help you with the expression.

RedDunce:
Here is a list of all of the files I want to be added properly:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E01_[Pilot].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E02_[Identity].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E03_[Fight.or.Flight].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E04_[Old.Friends].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E05_[Family.Business].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E06_[Unpaid.Debts].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E07_[Broken.Rules].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E08_[Wanted.Man].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E09_[Hard.Bargain].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E10_[False.Flag].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 1\Burn.Notice.S01.E11_[Loose.Ends].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E01_[Breaking.and.Entering].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E02_[Turn.and.].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E03_[Trust.Me].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E04_[Comrades].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E05_[Scatter.Point].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E06_[Bad.Blood].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E07_[Rough.Seas].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E08_[Double.Booked].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E09_[Good.Soldier].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E10_[Do.No.Harm].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E11_[Hot.Spot].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E12_[Seek.and.Destroy].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E13_[Bad.Breaks].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E14_[Truth.and.Reconciliation].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E15_[Sins.of.Omission].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E16_[Lesser.Evil].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E01_[Friends.and.Family].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E02_[Question.and.Answer].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E03_[End.Run].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E04_[Fearless.Leader].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E05_[Signals.and.Codes].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E06_[The.Hunter].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E07_[Shot.In.The.Dark].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E08_[Friends.Like.These].avi
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 3\Burn.Notice.S03.E09_[Long.Way.Back].avi

patch:

--- Quote from: RedDunce on August 11, 2009, 12:45:06 am ---C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E01_[Breaking.and.Entering].avi

--- End quote ---
See http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1168.0

The standard regex expressions use the file name not the path and do not allow any character between series "S02" and episode "E01"
Solutions to both are given in the above topic. I think the entry you want is

--- Code: ---(?i)^.*\\(?P<title>[^\\]*)\\Season (?P<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\[^\\]*?\bs([0-9]{1,2})[ .x]{0,2}e(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,2})\b[ .-]*(?P<epititle>[^\\]*)$
--- End code ---

Note
1) The part in bold allows a space, period, or character "x" between series "S02" and episode "E01"
s([0-9]{1,2})[ .x]{0,2}e(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,2})\b

2) The early part of this regex takes the series name and season number from the file path "\Burn Notice\Season 2\" rather than the usual file name
\\(?P<title>[^\\]*)\\Season (?P<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\
Which matches the following series of elements
A "\" character followed by
Any number of character not a "\", storing this in the variable <title> followed by
The string "Season " followed by
A 1 or 2 digit number, which is stored in the <season> variable, followed by
A "\" character

RedDunce:

--- Quote from: patch on August 11, 2009, 12:24:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: RedDunce on August 11, 2009, 12:45:06 am ---C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Torrenting\Completed\Video\TV\Burn Notice\Season 2\Burn.Notice.S02.E01_[Breaking.and.Entering].avi

--- End quote ---
See http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=1168.0

The standard regex expressions use the file name not the path and do not allow any character between series "S02" and episode "E01"
Solutions to both are given in the above topic. I think the entry you want is

--- Code: ---(?i)^.*\\(?P<title>[^\\]*)\\Season (?P<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\[^\\]*?\bs([0-9]{1,2})[ .x]{0,2}e(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,2})\b[ .-]*(?P<epititle>[^\\]*)$
--- End code ---

Note
1) The part in bold allows a space, period, or character "x" between series "S02" and episode "E01"
s([0-9]{1,2})[ .x]{0,2}e(?P<episode>[0-9]{1,2})\b

2) The early part of this regex takes the series name and season number from the file path "\Burn Notice\Season 2\" rather than the usual file name
\\(?P<title>[^\\]*)\\Season (?P<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\
Which matches the following series of elements
Any number of character not a "\", storing this in the variable <title> followed by
The string "Season " followed by
A 1 or 2 digit number, which is stored in the <season> variable, followed by
A "\" character

--- End quote ---

This didn't work. I accidentally deleted some of my default REGEXP's, and now no TV series work at all. Could you help me restore them?

Also, this didn't really work. At all. I kept getting Burn Notice S01E, but it also happened for Breaking Bad.

I've tried renaming all of my Burn Notice episodes to remove the period between S# and the E# in the names. Could you help me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version