Author Topic: Old Database Does Not Work  (Read 50273 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Old Database Does Not Work
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2009, 08:00:24 pm »
The -portable.bat works fine and I can open my db through there, but it resets my settings.

All the -portable switch does is make the program look for/save its configuration file in the installation folder rather than the Application Data directory. If there is no configuration file there, it creates a new (default) one. This is why your settings are "reset." One of the things saved in the configuration file is recently/last used database information. The fact you can avoid the error by using a new configuration file suggests there might be something wrong with this information.

So, try this...

1. Make a copy of the pvdconf.ini file in your Applications Data directory (in case this doesn't work).

2. Modify the original by deleting the [Database] section (normally located at the beginning of the file, but could be anywhere).

3. Start PVD normally (i.e., not with the -portable switch).

4. PVD should start with no database loaded. Use File - Open to select the correct version of your database.

5. If the database loads, you're done. If it doesn't, restore your original pvdconf.ini, and tell us what happened.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:55:48 pm by rick.ca »

Offline orgazmo

• View Profile
Re: Old Database Does Not Work
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2009, 05:52:48 pm »
It worked !!

THANX !!