Author Topic: 0.9.9.11 Feedback  (Read 5872 times)

Offline maximum

• View Profile
0.9.9.11 Feedback
« on: September 06, 2009, 11:08:34 pm »
Hi
I was about to create my own database using Open Office but I found your program and like it a lot.  Much better than anything I would have come up with.  After using it a few weeks I though I'd give some feedback.

1. Editing multiple movies fails if you select too many.  Actually it seems to do the edit but the edit box doesn't close after updating.  I don't know what the threshold is for the number of movies I can select and edit together.  I just know that if I select too many it has problems.

2. The list of fields to search on needs to be sorted.  Kind of hard to find the field name I want to search on.

3. Can't search on MPAA rating or am I not seeing it in the list (see #2)

4. Can't seem to search for empty fields.  For example, I want to find all movies where the Media Location is blank.  Is there a trick to search for empty fields?

5. Can't ever find posters from Amazon.com.uk or Amazon.com.  IMPawards works OK.

6. Is there a way to set the default poster site so I don't have to remember to change it after each relauch?

7. I notice there is no Edit menu with the usual Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo, etc.

Overall it's a great tool.  Keep up the good work.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: 0.9.9.11 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:17:29 pm »
3. Can't search on MPAA rating or am I not seeing it in the list (see #2)

Use advanced search

4. Can't seem to search for empty fields.  For example, I want to find all movies where the Media Location is blank.  Is there a trick to search for empty fields?

Try to put "IS NULL" into the edit box

5. Can't ever find posters from Amazon.com.uk or Amazon.com.  IMPawards works OK.

Check if you have latest plugins installed

6. Is there a way to set the default poster site so I don't have to remember to change it after each relauch?

1. Tools -> Preferences -> Plugins
2. Select the plugin and press "Set as default for ..." button
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: 0.9.9.11 Feedback
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 04:01:36 am »
2. The list of fields to search on needs to be sorted...

...and/or broken into functional groups in a nested menu.

7. I notice there is no Edit menu with the usual Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo, etc.

It was replaced with the much more functional Movies menu. ;D

Although it's ubiquitous in Windows programs, I find it a waste of space. In edit mode, the edit commands are available in the context menu—which is much more convenient. Failing that, the standard keyboard shortcuts are always available.

It would be nice if the edit commands were available more generally. I would like to be able to select any text (i.e., while not in edit mode), copy it using the context menu, and then paste it (e.g., into the Search or Web search boxes). As it is now, I can only do the copy with the keyboard.

BTW, edit commands are not available at all for images. I've long wished for the ability to copy & paste images to (and from) their place holders in the program. It would make it much easier to manually add or replace a poster, for example.

anything