Author Topic: 0.9.9.12 Posters  (Read 6293 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
0.9.9.12 Posters
« on: September 08, 2009, 10:28:35 pm »
Thanks for the update.

This change...

The code produces a poster field with maximum width of 40% of the window and poster buttons (next/prev/add) below. If poster is smaller than 40% of window width it will be rendered in it's full size (not stretched to 40%).

...seems to affect posters in a fixed-width column as well. I really, really want my posters resized (maintaining aspect) to fit the width of the column, regardless of the actual poster size. I would want it to work this way too if I wanted to use the variable column width. The overall effect of posters that change in width when moving from one movie to another is distracting and ugly.

Can I change my skin to get what I want, or does this require a program change?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: 0.9.9.12 Posters
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:59:22 pm »
You can define poster width smaller than most of your posters, so that it is constant for all of them (only height will be calculated relative to width).

Tell me if you really need to upscale your posters I'll add an extra option for this.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:23:41 am »
Tell me if you really need to upscale your posters I'll add an extra option for this.

Yes, I really need it. I realize it's probably not an issue when the program runs in a window that is not maximized, and posters are of a reasonable size. But I use my "theatre view" skin exclusively, where the posters are in a 450 pixel wide column and the window is maximized. I try to get posters that size or larger, but it seems there are still many that are smaller.

In case you're wondering... I'd don't tolerate posters that are so small they look like crap when upscaled. So nothing is upscaled by more than 50%, and in most cases those look okay. Other users who don't go to the trouble to replace low resolution posters are probably going to prefer the way you've done it.

BTW, as has been discussed before, it would be nice if the image dimensions and size were recorded in the database. That, among other things, would be useful for finding images in need of replacement.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 07:58:48 pm »
In 0.9.9.13 use:
<poster autosize="true" stretch="true"/>
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:38:41 pm »
Perfect! Thanks for the speedy fix.

anything