Author Topic: Error Adding Movie in 0.9.9.12  (Read 9121 times)

Offline jvic1

• View Profile
Error Adding Movie in 0.9.9.12
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:00:31 pm »
When I try to add a movie in the new version, I get the error 'conversion error from string "2009-09-08 16:56:40" Overflow occurred during data type conversion. Error Code:14.'

I'm running Windows Vista.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Error Adding Movie in 0.9.9.12
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 11:53:49 am »
Which version did you have before update to 0.9.9.12?
Did you see any error messages right after upgrading?
Post your pvdconf.ini from "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Personal Video Database\"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:56:55 am by nostra »
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Anson

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:04:08 pm »
I first had installed 0.9.9.11 and added movies, then saw that there is a new version and installed it to a new directory, using (of course after a backup :-) the old database. On the new 0.9.9.12, i got the same problem with "conversion errors" when adding new movies, and i got the same or very similar error message when i started 0.9.9.12 for the first time.
Updating existing entries works without such "conversion error", and i saw another detail on adding new movies: the movies seem to be added to the database with all the details, but in the final step it is not added properly to the list of movies because of this error.

My guess on what goes wrong: the changelog for 0.9.9.12 lists as new feature "Date added and Date modified fields support time", and that might be highly dependend from the country, version of Windows, used language in Windows and used language in PVD. I am using the German version of Vista, but have installed the english PVD, and the Vista system formats are: Date = TT.MM.JJJJ, Time = HH:mm:ss

btw: With Vista, my config file is not in "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Personal Video Database\", but "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Personal Video Database"

At least there is a new IMDB importer which also works on 0.9.9.11: getting one poster now works (although it would be nice to select one of the many pictures; even if done by a separate "IMDB poster import" script), but "aka" is still missing for many movies, and doing cut&paste to get one of the AKAs as title might be done simpler ... but this probably should go into another thread :-)

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 07:20:28 pm »
Restore the backup from 0.9.9.11 and isntall the latest update 0.9.9.13!
If you do not have a valid backup:
1. Start PVD with command line parameter -debug
2. Help -> SQL
3. Enter:
Code: [Select]
ALTER TABLE MOVIES ALTER COLUMN "dateadded" TYPE TIMESTAMP4. Execute
5. Enter:
ALTER TABLE MOVIES ALTER COLUMN "moddate" TYPE TIMESTAMP6. Execute
7. Enter:
ALTER TABLE PEOPLE ALTER COLUMN "dateadded" TYPE TIMESTAMP8. Execute
9. Enter:
ALTER TABLE PEOPLE ALTER COLUMN "moddate" TYPE TIMESTAMP10. Execute
11. Check "As script"
12. Enter:
CREATE TRIGGER MOVIES_DATEADDED_ONVISIBLE FOR MOVIES
ACTIVE BEFORE UPDATE OR INSERT POSITION 0
AS
BEGIN
IF (((OLD."visible" <> -1) AND (NEW."visible" = -1)) OR (INSERTING)) THEN BEGIN
 NEW."dateadded" = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;
 NEW."moddate" = NEW."dateadded";
END
END;
13. Execute
14. Enter:
CREATE TRIGGER PEOPLE_DATEADDED_ONVISIBLE FOR PEOPLE
ACTIVE BEFORE UPDATE OR INSERT POSITION 0
AS
BEGIN
IF (((OLD."visible" <> -1) AND (NEW."visible" = -1)) OR (INSERTING)) THEN BEGIN
 NEW."dateadded" = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;
 NEW."moddate" = NEW."dateadded";
END
END;
15. Execute

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 12:13:18 am »

In 0.9.9.12, I noticed the following error occurs when movies or people are grouped by date added. It happens as soon as a node that includes the time is selected.

Error
InitChildren
conversion error from string "@1"
Overflow occurred during data type conversion.
Error Code: 14

The same error happens in 0.9.9.13. On reading the above, I assumed the problem was now a corrupt database. Just for fun, I tried the SQL fix. I didn't get past the first statement, which produced the following error.

Error
unsuccessful metadata update
@1
This operation is not defined for system tables.
Error Code: 31

So I restored from backup untouched by 0.9.9.12/13. The first error still occurs.

Maybe this is just a function of the error, but the grouping is not by date as it should be. I don't know what granularity is being used, but it seems to be less than a second. After updating a batch of people, I've got 10 separate nodes all for the same second. One of them has two items. I'm not sure what that means—two records updated in the same 1/10th of a second? ;)

Other than this, I'm not having other difficulties—like with adding movies. I am concerned, however, that whatever the problem is may be corrupting the database. :o

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 12:24:46 am »
Normally the database should be OK if you have always upgraded it instead of creating a new database in each version (and I assume you did upgraded). The problem only aquires with database files first created in 0.9.9.11.

Grouping really seems to go wrong when time is included. I will fix the issue asap.