Author Topic: Title field and multiple files for a movie...  (Read 6186 times)

Offline raldo

• Power User
    • View Profile
Title field and multiple files for a movie...
« on: September 16, 2009, 10:06:21 am »
I've been experimenting a bit with importing the PVD Title field to the Name field in JRiver Mediacenter using PvdImport.

If I could get this to work, PVD would then act as a filename parser for MC which would be really great.

However, there is a snag here: When a movie consists of several files; cd1, cd2, etc, I'm having some problems determine which Title (PVD) I should assign to which Name (MC).

Currenly the PVD filename field is just a list of all the files that comprise a movie. Thus I'm looking for a good way of determining and assigning the MC Name field with additional CDx information. Any ideas?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Title field and multiple files for a movie...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 11:14:48 am »
I used to think having the disc number in Name mattered, but eventually decided it was better to do without. I want multiple files stacked anyway, and when they are, I want Name to be the title alone. It has no bearing on the order they're played in. I rarely unstack them, and when I do, I can use Filename to tell them apart. I suppose an expression could be used to get the disc number from the filename, but it doesn't seem worth the trouble.

But maybe I'm missing something here. What do you mean by "PVD would then act as a filename parser for MC"?

Offline raldo

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:00:18 pm »
I used to think having the disc number in Name mattered, but eventually decided it was better to do without. I want multiple files stacked anyway, and when they are, I want Name to be the title alone. It has no bearing on the order they're played in. I rarely unstack them, and when I do, I can use Filename to tell them apart. I suppose an expression could be used to get the disc number from the filename, but it doesn't seem worth the trouble.
How do you make sure that the movie is played in the correct order? By sorting for Name, and then Filename?

But maybe I'm missing something here. What do you mean by "PVD would then act as a filename parser for MC"?
The regular expressions in PVD work very well in picking out the movie from the filename.

ANOTHER QUESTION:

Is it possible to have PVD list the names with "The" first instead of ",The" after?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 09:11:30 pm »
How do you make sure that the movie is played in the correct order? By sorting for Name, and then Filename?

Oops. I'm used to starting movies from PVD, and forgot how MC doesn't play these well. There's the Play Stack command, but that's not available in Theater View. Even in Standard View, it's annoying to have to remember to use that instead of Play (or double-clicking). I'll ask in Interact.

The regular expressions in PVD work very well in picking out the movie from the filename.

OIC. Yes they do—that's why I import PVD's Title to MC's Name. ;)

Is it possible to have PVD list the names with "The" first instead of ",The" after?

Yes. See Preferences - Movies - Title formatting.