Author Topic: PVD 0.9.9.14 switches day/month of "date added"  (Read 5726 times)

Offline Marc

• View Profile
PVD 0.9.9.14 switches day/month of "date added"
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:06:13 pm »
I did a fresh installation of 0.9.9.14, and copied my collection from 0.9.9.11 over. I noticed that when I modify the "date added" on a newly added movie, no matter what I do, it places the month before the day (m-d-yyyy). When I modify movies from my .11 backup, it works properly on those. Anything I can do about this?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: PVD 0.9.9.14 switches day/month of "date added"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:06:46 pm »
What do mean by "it works properly on those"? Dates should be displayed according to your Windows Regional settings (as set in Control Panel), and this has no bearing on how the dates are stored in the database. When a date is added or changed, it should be handled according to your Regional date setting as well. So if that's "d-m-yyyy," then entering today's date as "16/9" should result in "16-9-2009." Entering "9/16" should be ignored because it's invalid.

Are you saying the date for existing movies is displayed as "d-m-yyyy," but that for new movies is "m-d-yyyy"? If so, something is seriously wrong.

Offline Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 01:12:44 pm »
I noticed that this strange behaviour only occurs when I modify a date which also includes a time. If I remove the time from the date, I can succesfully modify the date. I guess that's why I noticed this only on movies I added since version .14, because the imported movies from .11 have no time after the date.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 03:10:17 pm »
Oh, this time support story makes more problems then use :(
O will fix the issue in the next update.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!