Author Topic: not really important questions concearning skins  (Read 5221 times)

Offline Melmoth

• User
    • View Profile
not really important questions concearning skins
« on: September 23, 2009, 11:46:44 pm »
Hi everybody,

While toying around mostly with movie skins I stumbled over a few things:

• labelfont, fieldfont and linkdefs only change most of the font appearances, well, how to change the rest? E.g. tagline and description remain the way they were, some hyperlinks do the same... Am I right to assume that those three before mentioned guys are not the (only) global font setting strings?
  • How to I add custom fields? I found something like <customfieldlabel field="my field"/> but nothing about this fella:<? my field/>
  • Can I change the colour of those little
  • buttons that expand lists?
  • Can I add dots to the "actors (vast space) role" vast space?
  • Can I recolour the left view?
  • Is there a list of all available fields and their names?
  • Is there a script that could do stuff like "add 'something' to field A"? Or: can I create templates for new movies? E.g. if I add a TV recording the template already contains "TV" @ quality and "DVD5" @ mediatype etc?

So far, thanks for replies and apologies for all those questions...

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: not really important questions concearning skins
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 12:11:05 am »
labelfont, fieldfont and linkdefs only change most of the font appearances, well, how to change the rest? E.g. tagline and description remain the way they were, some hyperlinks do the same... Am I right to assume that those three before mentioned guys are not the (only) global font setting strings?

Those should work for all field labels (but not checkbox labels) and all field data (except some link fields). There are no more global font settings. The other stuff should be changed locally.

How to I add custom fields? I found something like <customfieldlabel field="my field"/> but nothing about this fella:<? my field/>

Adds a checkbox field named "Find in better quality":
Code: [Select]
<custom field="Find in better quality"/>
<customfieldlabel field="Find in better quality"/>

# Can I change the colour of those little buttons that expand lists?

No

Can I add dots to the "actors (vast space) role" vast space?

No

Can I recolour the left view?

Yes, in Tools -> Preferences -> Appearance

# Is there a list of all available fields and their names?

Not really, but you can take a look at existing skins (actually all the fields are already there).

* Is there a script that could do stuff like "add 'something' to field A"? Or: can I create templates for new movies? E.g. if I add a TV recording the template already contains "TV" @ quality and "DVD5" @ mediatype etc?

No
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Melmoth

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 10:06:28 am »
Thanks again, doc!

The fieldlabel hint did the job.

But is there really no possibility to write a script that changes certain fields? Or imports from a local source (like a template containing the shared fields)? If not that would be a great feature for future releases... ::)

Yes, in Tools -> Preferences -> Appearance
Oh, in the preferences... I should indulge in my hobbies at daylight.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:52:28 pm »
But is there really no possibility to write a script that changes certain fields? Or imports from a local source (like a template containing the shared fields)? If not that would be a great feature for future releases... Roll Eyes

Theoretically you could write a script or maybe it will have to be a plugin for this task, but unfortunately you will need a good knowledge of at least one win32 programming language...
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

anything