Author Topic: Playlists suggestion  (Read 5860 times)

Offline conmac7

• View Profile
Playlists suggestion
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:07:30 pm »
Ok. we have a database with all of our movies. Alphabetical or by year or by ID, etc...
By would be great to have something like playlists, or smart folders for categories?

One fast thing:

Playlist(or folder) 1: movies by the year 2008
Playlist(or folder) 2: movies from 80s.
Playlist(or folder) 2: movies with stallone.
etc....

Huh?
 :-\

The basic idea is that you have a library with all movies, and playlists/folders that you put inside any movie that you want, based on certain criteria.

What is your opinions?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:27:41 pm by rick.ca »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Playlists suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 08:37:46 pm »
On my wish list for quite some time has been the ability to save and recall advanced searches. I think this would be a much more powerful way to implement what you are suggesting (or maybe this is what you mean by "smart folders"). The full power of Advanced Search would be available for specifying the criteria you want, and the result could be displayed by simply selecting the saved search from a menu.

Offline conmac7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:15:10 am »
Yap. Allmost the same thing but with different way.
 :D :D ;)
That works too.

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 02:47:58 am »
On my wish list for quite some time has been the ability to save and recall advanced searches. I think this would be a much more powerful way to implement what you are suggesting (or maybe this is what you mean by "smart folders"). The full power of Advanced Search would be available for specifying the criteria you want, and the result could be displayed by simply selecting the saved search from a menu.

I also want this ability. Some of my advanced searches become quite complicated, and I hate always having to recreate them from scratch...

Aimhere

anything