Author Topic: Seen, Wished and - Deleted?  (Read 6569 times)

Offline mumin

• View Profile
Seen, Wished and - Deleted?
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:25:45 am »
Hi!  :)

Maybe it's just me, but I sometimes get movies that turn out not to be worth the space, so I delete them. I'd still like to track them. IFAICS there is now way to do this since not owned is the same as "wished".

I'd very much like to see something like the below.
Code: [Select]
[x]Seen
[]Wished
[x]Deleted

What do you say? Just me being stupid?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:27:31 am by mumin »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Seen, Wished and - Deleted?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 11:09:50 am »
Clear the File Path for deleted movies. The "Movies on HDD/on removable drives" is based on the existence of data in this field. In other words, it's exactly the same as your implied "deleted/not deleted" filter. If the filter name doesn't work for you, change it in a custom language file. I've changed mine to "Media/No Media." (Much of my "collection" consists of movies I've seen in the past, but no longer have media for.)

Offline mumin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 06:07:27 pm »
I don't follow. If I filter on "Movies on removable drives" I get all the movies I have on DVD together with those lacking a file path.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 07:48:24 pm »
I don't use removable media, so I don't know exactly how it works. Maybe it's "smart" enough to distinguish removable from fixed drives. Why don't you tell us?

If it does distinguish removable drives and you use removable media, then obviously you'll want to use this filter in the normal manner. Another option is to use the loan feature to tag movies, and then use the loan filter to include/exclude them. This has the additional benefit of colouring the entries in the list so they are distinguished from other movies, even if not hidden. So, for example, you might "loan" movies to "Deleted," then set "Not loaned" to hide them. I do this for movies I've seen "by accident" and for movies I never want to see but are included in my database because they are part of a series.

Offline mumin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 10:07:16 am »
 ??? But I just did. Removable Drives = DVD, CD.

Yes, I can find ways to mark the deleted files, but I can't find a way that isn't already used by some other function. Currently I just delete the path and put in an image saying DELETED. But I can't filter on that.

It isn't only about marking and filtering them either. It would be nice to get the stats too. As I hinted at, a checkbox together with the others would be really nice. But maybe it's just me who has the need for this.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 11:58:28 am »
Why won't the loans filter work for you?

anything