Author Topic: Rereading File Information  (Read 4431 times)

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

Rereading File Information
« on: November 07, 2009, 12:07:22 am »
On the menu, when you want to re-read the file information, it would be 'nice' if they was a checkbox to regenerate the screenshots.
The most common reason I want to re-read file info is that I have a better copy.

On an aside, as an 'online' collector, I've found that the process to store some of the information I'd like to keep isn't obvious.  I guess that comes from the program trying to meet the demands of so many people.  At any rate, the solution I've come up with is to use bookmarks and the wish / seen checkboxes with a custom language file.  This allows me to colour (yes, I'm Canadian) the movie list so I can see what I have yet to download, what I need to check (ie. a download 'might' be a better copy, but it's unknown at the time), and whether I consider my current copy to be satisfactory (ie. video quality is OK and audio is English).

In addition, I've found that using the QUALITY setting in FILE INFORMATION allows me to make specific notes that can be grouped (need better video, hard coded subtitles, need English audio, etc.).  This was a wonderful thing to stumble upon.

One of the problems with such a flexible (albeit wonderful) program is that sometimes the solutions aren't immediately obvious.  Through discussion, perhaps we can refine some of these and create a FAQ (better yet, template) that makes such things easier based on the specific interests of the user.

Sorry for the posting multiple topics in a single thread.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Rereading File Information
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 02:51:15 am »
On the menu, when you want to re-read the file information, it would be 'nice' if they was a checkbox to regenerate the screenshots.

These are two completely independent operations, so it's difficult to see any advantage in combining them. Perhaps it would help to place the remove all and create screenshots commands on your toolbar.

This allows me to colour (yes, I'm Canadian) the movie list...

Colourful lists make me giddy too—is that because I'm Canadian?  ;)

One of the problems with such a flexible (albeit wonderful) program is that sometimes the solutions aren't immediately obvious.

There's a wiki anyone (alone or together with other interested users) can edit and add to. There's plenty of room there for an interested user to add pages covering specialized subjects—particularly "how to" topics. There's also lots of material in form of posts here that could be "cleaned up" and added to the wiki.

anything