Author Topic: import (non silent) improvement  (Read 8572 times)

Offline CAD

• Older Power User
  • I've got my eye on you!
    • View Profile
import (non silent) improvement
« on: November 13, 2009, 12:02:15 pm »
Hi,

i have just imported 20 odd movies.
most weren't found (i didn't import year)

i removed silent mode option and ran again.
PVD prompts me to select movie, it then downloads info and moves to next one in the list.

To speed things up so i can go and watch tv instead of checking boxes and waiting for info to dl, :(
could the scripts be changed so it buffers your choices and then downloads all the other info in the background.

eg.
* you have 20 movies in the list where you need to select which is the right one.
* pvd goes off and then presents a dialogue box to choose the movie.
- Now instead of downloading all the info about the movie, it buffers your answer and moves onto the next movie for you to select.

When PVD reaches the end of the list it can go off an download all the other stuff (pictures etc etc) and i can go off and watch tv  ;D
This would be a huge time saver.

You would have 5-10 mins of selecting which are the right movies instead of 30 mins waiting for d/ls to complete.

three fingered salutation

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: import (non silent) improvement
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 01:37:08 am »
The idea is good, but it is pretty much work involving changes in the whole plugin system, so its unlikely that such functionality will be available soon
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline CAD

• Older Power User
  • I've got my eye on you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 03:53:04 am »
no probs
Thanks for looking into it.
three fingered salutation

Offline raldo

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:23:54 pm »
The idea is good, but it is pretty much work involving changes in the whole plugin system, so its unlikely that such functionality will be available soon
That's unfortunate, since many first time users find this behavior tedious. I recommended PVD to a colleague a few days ago and this was one of his comments.

But: My colleague said that XMBC extracts the year of the movie from the filename and uses that year to look up the movies. Only years with the format (yyyy) are accepted.

Would that/Is that possible with PVD?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:28:30 pm »
But: My colleague said that XMBC extracts the year of the movie from the filename and uses that year to look up the movies. Only years with the format (yyyy) are accepted.

It could do so, but how many videos do you have with year tag set? I do not think it's worth implementing at this point.

Offline raldo

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:47:47 pm »
It could do so, but how many videos do you have with year tag set? I do not think it's worth implementing at this point.

I'm not sure what you mean by this question, Most of my movies have the year tag set, but that's after import and churning through the dialogs.

I just checked my library and most/many movies come with the year in the filename. The year is, as far as I can see, usually delimited by spaces, [],(), dots. Usually four characters starting with 19, 20.

What is the <year> expression used for in the regexp list?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 08:52:58 pm »
I thought you meant tags like id3 tags in mp3...

The file scanner uses <year> to get the year from file names and effectively uses this data when adding movies. New Movie Master will be improved to get year as well.

Offline raldo

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 04:59:36 pm »
The file scanner uses <year> to get the year from file names and effectively uses this data when adding movies. New Movie Master will be improved to get year as well.

I did a non silent import for on the file

Star Trek (2009) DVDRip XviD-MAXSPEED www.torentz.3xforum.ro.avi

-- And the "Select movie" dialog pops up with at least 30 selections, many of which aren't from 2009. Does this mean that the regex doesn't work or is something else going on?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 04:15:26 am »
Not necessarily. It could just popup because there are multiple 100% matches or no 1005 matches.
To check if regex works let the scanner just add it without downloading any data from internet.

anything