Author Topic: can we setup pvd to use folder.jpg when it scans our drives as the poster?  (Read 6386 times)

Offline xtacbyme

• View Profile
ive been using jriver media center, and all my files have covers in them as folder.jpg. is there anyway to tell pvd to use folder.jpg as the coverart for those movies? or do i have to select them manually for each movie?

TY.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: can we setup pvd to use folder.jpg when it scans our drives as the poster?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:56:01 pm »
The only way to do this is to write a script to get poster. Instructions can be found here: http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php?topic=777.0
I would recommend using the TextFile script as a template.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline xtacbyme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:17:48 pm »
TY

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 09:21:08 pm »
If you're not comfortable writing a script, this might be another way... Create a batch file (or use a renaming utility?) to recurse your video directories and rename all folder.jpg to media filename.jpg (or foldername, as the case may be). Then use the IMGbyID utility to import them into the database. I'm not sure, but I think the first step might have to include copying the renamed image files to a common folder.

Offline xtacbyme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:03:01 pm »
hi i ve decided to put them in all manually. only 900 so far so shouldnt take to long. that way its doen right.
 quick question though...

the tv series 24. it shows up in pvd as 24 - season 1 with a plus mark. do all the episodes under season 1 have to have cover art\poster? or is the main heading 24 season one all i need? i want to make sure each episode shows the cover art so wanna be sure. thank you.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:47:21 pm »
hi i ve decided to put them in all manually. only 900 so far so shouldnt take to long. that way its doen right.

Suit yourself. I find my computer more accurate and much faster than me when it comes to repetitive tasks. ;)

do all the episodes under season 1 have to have cover art\poster? or is the main heading 24 season one all i need? i want to make sure each episode shows the cover art so wanna be sure.

If you want a poster associated with an episode, you have to provide one. (The series poster will not be associated with episodes that do not have their own poster.) Most data sources (e.g., IMDb) do not provide them. Some do (e.g., TheTVBb), but we're unable to retreive them with a plugin. My solution is to configure PVD to get automatic screen shots, and use one of them as a poster. If I don't like the one it picked, I choose one of the other shots and delete the rest.