Author Topic: Online Updates  (Read 4387 times)

mgpw4me@yahoo.com

Online Updates
« on: November 23, 2009, 08:06:59 pm »
I've had some problems with all the changes to IMDB, so I thought, gee I'll just do an online update (tools -> preferences -> internet connection).  Since I'm running the latest version of PVD, I got the message "no updates available".

Given that PVD "knows" what plug-ins I'm using it would be very useful if it would check for current versions of those as well.  This would open a (small?) can of worms in that scripts and skins also get updated, and some only work with particular PVD versions.  I would assume that an update request means I want the newest of everything, so that would simplify it.  The files could be downloaded into the PVD main directory, PVD would be restarted, and a stub program could move them into the appropriate directory prior to the main program linking to them.

Does the ONLINE UPDATE check for new versions on every start-up, if I leave it checked?  That would be a good way to keep me updated without checking my version numbers.  It would also assist in trouble-shooting efforts since this could be enabled by default (plug-ins & scripts, anyway).

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Online Updates
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:54:35 pm »
This feature will be available in 0.9.9.15, so stay tuned ;)
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!