Author Topic: IMDB People plugin request  (Read 7524 times)

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
IMDB People plugin request
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:25:52 pm »
Hi,

I have a request regarding the IMDB People plugin.

Currently, it imports the list of alternative names (AKA's) in the original IMDB format; that is, with the AKA's separated by two spaces and a vertical-bar character, e.g. " | ". (Example: "Jane Doe | Janet Doe | Jane")

Could the plugin be modified to replace this separator with a comma and single-space, e.g. ", " (Example: "Jane Doe, Janet Doe, Jane")

I never liked the visual appearance of the IMDB vertical-bar separator, and using commas instead would more closely mirror the way multiple data items are entered in some other fields (genres, actors list for movie records, etc.).

(I suppose this could be made into a configurable option in the settings for the IMDB People plugin, in case some people prefer it the od way.)

Thanks,
Aimhere

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: IMDB People plugin request
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 11:50:41 pm »
I'll add this to my TODO list
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:08:52 am »
I suppose this could be made into a configurable option in the settings for the IMDB People plugin, in case some people prefer it the od way.

Yes, pipes are cool! 8)

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 01:40:37 pm »
I suppose this could be made into a configurable option in the settings for the IMDB People plugin, in case some people prefer it the od way.

Yes, pipes are cool! 8)

No comments from the peanut gallery!  ;D

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 10:37:33 am »
I have a suggestion to the people section so as it's added now birthplace of person it is also added to the place of death of the person.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 07:14:15 pm »
I have a suggestion to the people section so as it's added now birthplace of person it is also added to the place of death of the person.

I have a proposal to add the main information and what is a person (for example, whether a particular person an actor, producer, director, etc. {example: Adam Goldberg (I) Actor | Producer | Director})

I have a proposal to add Appendix Spouse  (interesting personal family information,mine was very interesting, perhaps, or even for someone else) and Trivia (also interesting general information mine was very interesting, perhaps, or even for someone else) in section (field) Comments.

BTW:
I noticed that not more transfer Genre Data for People.
Is it just for me so, is the same for other users,not Genre data transfer.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:21:19 am by Ivek23 »
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD