Author Topic: PVD can't find imdb file  (Read 4660 times)

Offline tikivideo

• View Profile
PVD can't find imdb file
« on: December 17, 2009, 11:37:38 pm »
PVD 9.9.14 can't find imdb data for titles, yet imbd file can be found in Google search.  For instance, "All Creatures Great and Small" Brotherly Love (1990) in Google finds http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0124275/.  PVD gives No Movies Found.  With a known link to an imdb file, how can I force PVD to load data from that link?  Any ideas why PVD can't automatically find and load data?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: PVD can't find imdb file
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 02:59:59 am »
Welcome, tikivideo.

Brotherly Love is one episode in the series "All Creatures Great and Small" (1978). If you search for it on IMDb, it won't find it either—unless you tell it to search episode titles. The program doesn't know it's an episode, so it requests a general search (which, BTW, will find the series record).

PVD is designed to download and record the entire series. To do so, you would first add the series. This will create a series record, and an unfilled record for each episode. You would then select the episodes you want the details for and update them.

If this is not what you want—you really only want one record for the one episode—you can "trick" the program into recording it as a single "movie" entry. I don't believe it can be done automatically, however. You would have to create a record with the title Brotherly Love, lookup it's URL on IMDb, paste that into the URL field, and then download. The program will then download that page directly, rather than requesting a search.

Offline tikivideo

• View Profile
Re: PVD can't find imdb file
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 05:25:36 am »
Thank you for the info on how to trick PVD to download from the url.  This is a wonderful program!